Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc.

Re:2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc. 3 years ago #20850

• tjbarney
  • Junior Boarder
MrsS, so glad to hear everything is going ok. Keep us updated.

Matt,

I'm afraid our golf swings will never be the same! Maybe I'll get lucky and what ends up changing will be for the better, lol.

The last 4 nights I have been making myself sleep in bed. I have tried many different ways but can't find anything that works. I slept the first night on a bunch of pillows but that made my lower back hurt and I wasn't comfortable at all. The last 3 nights I have slept on only one pillow behind my head and a body pillow along my operated side with my shoulder/arm slightly on it. Any slight movement during the night is very painful and then in the morning I wake up in horrible pain and it hurts my shoulder to even move my fingers. I don't know why this is, maybe the blood pooling thing? I am so frustrated and I'm going back to the recliner. At least in it I got some sleep and it doesn't cause me to be in a lot of pain!

Julie

Re:2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc. 3 years ago #20903

• woodley
  • Expert Boarder
  • 11/10 R) SLAP, Tenotomy, SAD; 4/11 Release/MUA
Checking in on MrsS and Julie. . . .

How are you guys doing?

Anyone got information on recovery from capsular release?? I'm starting to get paranoid that I'll have to sleep in the chair again. . . thoughts?? It's strange, I know this is much less serious than the SLAP was but I'm feeling at least as apprehensive. I'm guessing it's because of the long battle I've been going through with the recovery. . .feedback from those of you who've had this procedure, please!!

Matt

Re:2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc. 3 years ago #20917

• court
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a capsular release Feb. 1 and it wasn't bad at all. Took a few days before I was able to sleep in bed again. Pain was no where near the pain from the SLAP repair. I just got really swollen because they also did a manipulation. They did give me a block preop which helped and I went to physical therapy straight from the recovery room. Hope this helps!
Left SLAP/Bankart Oct 10/14/10
Left Capsular release & MUA 2/1/11

Re:2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc. 3 years ago #20919

• kcdtarheel
  • Gold Boarder
I had a capsular release 11/09, one year after a SLAP tear repair. In addition to the release, I also had a SAD due to a bone spur that had formed and had a bursa removed. The pain post op wasn't nearly as bad as the SLAP repair. I was able to sleep in the bed after a few nights in the recliner whereas after the SLAP tear I was in a recliner for a good 6 weeks. I still had pain and had to go slower in PT than I would have liked. It wasn't a cake walk but yes, it was easier. PT focused on motion early and often. I don't think I did any strengthening until 6 weeks or so. I did regain more motion and ultimately had less pain than before the surgery. Feel free to ask more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Re:2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc. 3 years ago #21005

• woodley
  • Expert Boarder
I'm just home from a capsular release and manipulation. No apparent complications. It is still painful but the nerve block is in place. Doc says no restrictions and wants me doing as much as I can with the shoulder. This time with the nerve block, my ear and the side of my neck are completely numb. . .what a wierd feeling. We'll see how sleep goes tonight. I'm debating if I push and try the bed. We'll see!

As to movement, it hurts like he!! but that is to be expected. It seems to be moving much more freely, time will tell

Matt

Re:2 Weeks Post Op: 300° SLAP & Bankart Repair etc. 3 years ago #21016

• woodley
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Guys,

Slept well in my chair last night, got a 6 hour stretch!! Had my first PT session. ROM's Flexion prior best 125 current 137; abduction 120 now 142; internal rotation stayed at 70, external was 35 now 46!! Shoulder feels almost "normal" I am very excited. Still hard work to do, but there is a big light at the end of the tunnel !!

Hope everyone else is doing well

Matt
Time to create page: 1.30 seconds
Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online