Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair

Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair 2 years, 6 months ago #24625

I had a labral repair requiring 7 anchors 8 weeks ago.
Since the 6 week post-op, i am hearing and feeling a squeaking sound on my shoulder. This is not causing pain but it is bothersome. My ROM is at the moment: flexion 150, abd 110, ext rot 50.
I have on and off mild pain otherwise. Taking ibuprofen 800 3/day.
Have any of you guys experienced this sound? What could that be? I am very concern. I read that this could be a sign of a anchor been dislodged.
Please advise,
Thanks.

Re: Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair 2 years, 6 months ago #24626

• riderk
  • Platinum Boarder
Lots of people have similar comments and fears. The only thing I offer is that I DO have a dislodged anchor from a rotator cuff repair - could have happened up to 6 months ago - and there is no squeaking, clicking, grinding, or any kind of noise. Will be living with it for another 3 weeks.

Re: Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair 2 years, 6 months ago #24627

Appeciate your feedback. I had only labral repair. The muscle was intact and no repair was done there. They used bioabsorbable anchors. I have no pain associated from this. I just dont know is this is normal healing or a worrisome issue. I wish others that have had this post their progress.

I know of someone who developed a similar problem as you. She had RC repair with metallic anchors that dislodged causing significant muscle damage to the point of no possible repair. She underwent a reversal and now (6 month later) is pain free with very good ROM. Of course still in rehab.
I wish you nothing but the best!! I appreciate what you do here for us!

Re: Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair 2 years, 6 months ago #24629

• riderk
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks - it isn't just the metallic anchors. The original injury was tendon and bone damage. I just had a discussion with a retired internist who affirmed that the way I was treated in the beginning was absolute malpractice and unethical. There is nothing I can do about that now but try to help others to stand up for themselves and not buy everything they are told.

I do not want a reverse, nor does the surgeon, and he will do his best to avoid that at this point. I am sick about this.

Re: Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair 2 years, 5 months ago #24638

• Cavitator
  • Platinum Boarder
There are numerous past posts on squeeking shoulders; mine included. In fact mine was squeeking today and my surgery was 4/08 (my outcome was an absolute train wreck but unrelated to squeeking).

I don't think anyone really knows why it happens....my own thoughts are that it involves the sutures from the anchors at times rubbing up against the humeral head cartilage....but I have absolutely nothing to base this off of. It's just mindless speculation.

I guess my question (for which I have no answer to) whould be "so what would you expect anyone to do about a non-pain producing squeeking shoulder...more surgery?" I think not!
3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re: Squeaking sounds on shoulder after labral repair 2 years, 5 months ago #24639

• riderk
  • Platinum Boarder
"so what would you expect anyone to do about a non-pain producing squeeking shoulder...more surgery?" I think not!

Gosh Cavitator, you show up out of nowhere and hit the nail on the head!
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 84 guests online
Up