Latest Topics

No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

8 years Post Latarjet repair....now having issues.
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: 8 years Post Latarjet repair....now having issues.

Re: 8 years Post Latarjet repair....now having issues. 1 year, 9 months ago #31435

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      So I've been having issues with my right hip (same side as shoulder problems) and my fear is a tear in that labrum. My ortho wrote a script for an MRI w/o contrast and when I called to confirm the MRI I spoke with his secretary and to ask him again about the contrast vs no contrast. She stated that no contrast was needed because it is easier to see versus the labrum in the shoulder. Does anyone have knowledge of this? Should I insist on the contrast in the hip like the shoulder or will the machine pick up a tear regardless?

Re: 8 years Post Latarjet repair....now having issues. 1 year, 8 months ago #31440

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      Just got my MRI-a hip results...

Findings:
      -degenerative marrow edema & fibrocystic degenerative change involving the anterolateral right femoral head. No other areas of significant marrow edema or abnormality to suggest an occult fracture.
      -there is evidence of prominent osseous bumps of the femoral head/neck junction consistent with CAM type deformities and in conjunction with early degenerative changes of the right femoral head the findings may represent femoral acetabular impingement syndrome.
      -superior and posterior labrum are unremarkable w/o evidence of a labral tear. A T2 & T1 signal abnormality noted of the anterior labrum from 4 to 2-3 o clock position. This finding could represent a sublabral recess and less likely to represent a tear. However, at the 2 o clock a T2 signal abnormality noted of the anterior labrum and likely representing a subtle labral tear.

My problem is my left hip is starting to hurt now too....Now I'm having issues with both shoulders and hips...Could this be something more serious? Like rheumatoid arthritis or something?

I'm afraid I have the same problem with my left hip so now the question becomes hips or shoulders first....long road ahead...

Re: 8 years Post Latarjet repair....now having issues. 1 year, 7 months ago #31470

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      *Update 8/11/15

So I went to see the hip ortho yesterday and he told me I need both hips scoped due to a tear in the Right one and impingement in both. He said I need this to hold off total hip replacement as long as possible....kind of scary to hear that at age 27. I have to go in for an MRI of my left hip tomorrow and will schedule these surgeries asap. The ortho said he will do them 6 weeks apart and recovery is about 4 months. I will have to put off my shoulder issues at least until next year for now....We spoke about both and he made sense when he told me I need my shoulders to use crutches and that it would probably be really difficult if I went with shoulders first before hips.

Re: 8 years Post Latarjet repair....now having issues. 1 year, 7 months ago #31479

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      Question..has anyone ever torn the lat dorsi or teres major section at the shoulder?
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 532 guests online