slap lesion of left shoulder
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: slap lesion of left shoulder

slap lesion of left shoulder 1 year, 11 months ago #31369

• parekh
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hello,

This is Rishi Parekh here from India. I have been persistantly suffering from a left shoulder pain since 2years. I have been active in weight lifting and swimming. 2 years ago when I first experienced pain in my left shoulder, I was told by the doctor that I have scapula diskynesia and I should stop lifting weights and do proper rehab. I followed his advice and did my rehab diligently for 4 months and I felt better. Post that I resumed weight training but I never could lift weights to my potential and alwas felt pain in the front of the shoulder and deltoids. So I usee to be in and out of rehab. Three months ago when I was doing light weight training I felt pain in my left shoulder again and thie time I was told to do a Mri.

The findings are as below:-

Mild to moderate critical zone supraspinatus tendinosis with subtle undersurface fraying, but no discrete tear or retraction.

Moderate rotator interval scarring and inferior capsular thickening raises the possibility of internal rotation deficit, especially in the setting of weight lifting.

Anterior superior quadrant labral tear from just above the equator to just past 12 o’clock, mild fraying of the posterior superior labrum and discrete posterior inferior quadrant labral tear.

So my doctor has suggested that I should undergo an arthroscopic procedure to repair the slap tear. I needed a suggestion if the surgical intervention would solve my case followed by a good post operative rehab.

Thanks
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online