More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Biceps Transfer to fix shoulder pain / slaptear
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Biceps Transfer to fix shoulder pain / slaptear

Biceps Transfer to fix shoulder pain / slaptear 1 year, 9 months ago #31424

Has anyone had a biceps transfer done or considered doing it as opposed to the normal Slap Tear surgery? I went to see two doctors, one of which is a 'pioneer' for Slap Tear research/surgery. He's advocating a biceps transfer where the long head biceps tendon gets sutured to the smaller biceps tendon. Since the LHBT does not get reattached to the shoulder/labrum, shoulder pain is supposed to cease since labrum tear pain stems from the biceps tendon, not from the tear itself (the biceps tendon pulls at the labrum tear which causes the pain).

Long story short, I've seen two doctors so far. One said Biceps Transfer, the other said Biceps Tenodesis.

Since the Biceps Transfer is only done by a few surgeons in the country I'm curious to know if anyone's heard anything about this or had the procedure done? I found one post on this forum from a year or two ago who had this done and by week 9 gave a good report. I'm just nervous about it since it's not a common procedure. Any feedback is helpful, I have two labrum tears in both shoulders and have to make a decision :/
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 629 guests online