Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

For people about to get an op.
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: For people about to get an op.

For people about to get an op. 10 years, 8 months ago #359

• 03bmorgac
      • Expert Boarder
      ok, im bored so i have decided to devise a list of tips for people about to get a shoulder op.

1) if your a girl, buy in a load of cheap boob tubes in differnet colours, its so much easier to step into them than go through the agony of trying to put of a top over your head. if your a boy then your gonna have to put up with it!

2) wax your armpits!!!! its an essential if your not gonna be able to move your arm for 4 weeks, and you dont want to end up looking like tarzan!

3) buy in several large padded sticky plasters. When you leave hospital you get some 'free' ones, but only about 6, so dont do what i did and realise after coming out the shower you have none left.

4) Take a pair of headphones into the hospital with you. If you cant sleep at night you can always plug them into the TV without having to worry about waking up 84yr old doris across the way who really isnt intrested in big brother or celebrity love island.

5)After your op. chances are you wont feel like eating, and if you try to the chances are you'll be sick! Sooo....eat polo mints! they fill you up and do not make you sick as they dissolve, + you have great breath for those important vistors your gonna get!

So there you go, my tips. feel free to add more tips if you've got any! i hope these work good for ya and make things a bit easier!

Re:For people about to get an op. 9 years, 7 months ago #1912

• cmmbowl300
      • Junior Boarder
      Everything you said is so true!!! After my first surgery I hope I have learned what to do and what not to. Trying to shave the armpits is a huge challenge for a girl. And getting those shirts on, I think I have that one down to a science.
      Colleen

Re:For people about to get an op. 9 years, 6 months ago #2028

• karenm
      • Platinum Boarder
      I had purchased quite a few sports bras. They have no clips and T strap in the back. I don't know when I will be able to wear a real bra since I still can't get my arm behind my back at week 16. Might be time to invest in some front clip type.

Re:For people about to get an op. 9 years, 5 months ago #2426

• mssharoness
      • Junior Boarder
      a battery power toothbrush
      a back scrubber
      a bed tray for reading (breakfast tray)
      prepared meals(ready for quick warm up)

organize the home to make things accessible

This has pre-surgery tips
      www.associatedcontent.com/article/211429...y_after_surgery.html

Re:For people about to get an op. 9 years, 5 months ago #2429

• chykcha
      • Platinum Boarder
      I have no problem shaving under my operated arm. I just lean far enough for it to dangle at a distance away from my body and shave, shave, shave. It's the unoperated armpit that is the problem!

Re:For people about to get an op. 9 years, 5 months ago #2436

• colleen
      • Gold Boarder
      You are absolutely right about the unoperated arm, that is extremely hard to shave!!!!!!!!
      colleen
      Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 230 guests online