Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

For people about to get an op.
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: For people about to get an op.

Re:Slap tear/biceps tendonesis 10/13 5 years, 6 months ago #22929

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Yeah, don't do it unless there is no way out!
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re: For people about to get an op. 5 years, 5 months ago #23385

• pjc629
      • Fresh Boarder
      I am scared. I have had knee surgey before on both knees. Now I have a SLAP tear and this one kinda worries me. I have been at my job for only 6 months and am not covered by FMLA or short term disability, so I would have to take a LOA, then no guarentee that I will still have my job. How long is recovery time on these types of surgeries? I am putting the surgery off till January so I can cover for people that have had vacations already planned.(I am right handed and of course thats the one that is giving me this problem.)I work as a swithcboard operator for a hospital, I know me and how I am mentally preparing myself like get the surgery, go to rehab and be back to work in 2 1/2 weeks.From what I hear that is not going to be the case,that is where the fear comes in. I love my job and dont want to lose it is there any advice on how I can get to work sooner then the 6 weeks the doc is saying?

Re: For people about to get an op. 5 years, 5 months ago #23387

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      Can you do your job without moving the arm? With RC surgery, it is often said that you can go back to a desk job after a couple weeks, with some accommodations for comfort. That is, if you can get yourself there (drive, off pain killers.) Some people do fine, some need more time.

Re: For people about to get an op. 5 years, 5 months ago #23397

• pjc629
      • Fresh Boarder
      I think I can do my job with little to no movement with the right arm. I know that so far my supervisor has been very supportive. I am sure that if I can get the Doc to give me an early release to light duty that would help me a ton. Can anyone tell me what is a BLOCKER and how is this benificial to recovery process.

Re: For people about to get an op. 5 years, 5 months ago #23399

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      I thought I mentioned this somewhere, but you might be referring to a block, which is just a nerve block given pre-op. It deadens the shoulder and arm, so that you have pain relief right after surgery. It can last 10-24 hrs, then the feeling gradually comes back from the fingertips up. This gives you a chance to get pain meds in because when it wears off, you will be hurting.

Re: For people about to get an op. 5 years, 1 month ago #24211

• Bagguley
      • Fresh Boarder
      going in for repair to the tendons and damage to the insertion of the long head of biceps!
      could anyone who has had or having this tell me about the recovery period?
      Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 112 guests online
      Up