More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Operation rehab.. finally :)

Operation rehab.. finally :) 6 years, 8 months ago #18308

• psychoswim
      • Platinum Boarder
      • I love med school! And I miss swimming...
      I'm now 4 days post-op and had my first PT today. I barely have any pain at all remaining at rest, and walking doesn't cause me pain either anymore Right now I'm at almost 90 degree passive flexion, and around 35-45 passive abduction with my rotation being about halfway between neutral (straight out) and lying against my stomach where I was immobilized for 3 days. PT stretched a bit around my shoulder and the biceps/pec attachments which are all cramping up from the lack of movement (and they were always tight to begin with!) and worked a bit of passive flex/abd with the range increasing a lot very quickly. I have a few exercises (passive flex & abd) to do, and also small scapular movements and I'll be seeing my regular PT when she's back in 10 days. Our goal right now is to get the rest of the swelling out and remain in a pain-free zone, then we'll really start work.

All in all I feel great right now, and I'm just so happy to finally be on this side of the fence!
      (R) SLAP repair - Aug 2010
      (L) SLAP repair - Mar 2011
      (L) Tenodesis + debridement - Jan 2012
      (R) Tenodesis + debridement - Dec 2012

Re:Operation rehab.. finally :) 6 years, 8 months ago #18317

• GirlGumby
      • Gold Boarder
      Welcome to the other side

Re:Operation rehab.. finally :) 6 years, 8 months ago #18318

• psychoswim
      • Platinum Boarder
      Hehe thank you

I can see it's slowly getting better.. I'm almost able to eat with my right arm now if I keep my arm against my side so that my shoulder stays internally rotated. I still feel like there is still some fluid left inside yet, but it's becoming more comfortable.

Re:Operation rehab.. finally :) 6 years, 8 months ago #18350

• psychoswim
      • Platinum Boarder
      One week out now... slowly I can notice my shoulder is feeling slightly less swollen and I'm getting some of my ROM back without working on it yet. I'm now almost able to get my arm straight out in neutral rotation with elbow bent while a few days ago I could barely move it from my stomach. My main problem remains that my RC and other small muscles keep going into spasms regularly when there's movement and I then have to wait until they release which is very weird feeling. It's been causing me some problems with my flex & abd exercises as I can get my arm pretty high, but the muscles spasm on my way down so I have to limit a lot. It kinda feels like my shoulder is separating even though I know it's only a sensation. I might try and do both exercises lying down instead. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Re:Operation rehab.. finally :) 6 years, 8 months ago #18357

• GirlGumby
      • Gold Boarder

Re:Operation rehab.. finally :) 6 years, 8 months ago #18358

• psychoswim
      • Platinum Boarder
      Ah thanks! It's actually much better since last night.. now the ones on the side of my shoulder aren't cramping up on their own anymore, only one on the front. I can now do both exercises standing! I'm up to 90 flex and around 60 maybe of abduction? Day by day

Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google