Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Recovery Experience

Re:My Recovery Experience 2 years, 9 months ago #30452

• aksantacruz
      • Expert Boarder
      RiderK and COgirl -

You are both right about other people not understanding pain if they haven't been there. I considered hypnosis and have spent thousands of dollars - lucky that I have a good job - trying to heal. I am not completely off sleep meds yet. By OS is a major city - university - rock star surgeon. Still, he told me six months to a year to be fully back. It's hard to imagine unless you have been there. I'm lucky my injury was fairly simple compared to many of you. And my doctor does not do anchors on us older people. But, despite going to a dark place and having doubts - I think the tenodesis for serious slap tears does and can produce good results if you have a good surgeon, wear the sling, be patient and do the PT. I hope to be off sleep meds one day but I am not ready. It's hard. Your body does;t feel like your body and no one wants to hear about it. This board is great support.

Re: My Recovery Experience 2 years, 9 months ago #30501

Finally met my doctor today. So I have 3 anchors for a 3:30 - 5:30 tear. The doctor said that's a pretty big tear.
      Physiotherapy was relatively good. External rotation is at 50 degree. Internal rotation at 60. It didn't pain as much as I was expecting.
      Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 546 guests online
      Up