Username Password: Remember me

My Torn Labrum Recovery videos
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 9 months ago #25165

• jamieb
      • Gold Boarder
      Hey Recovery,

Despite the failed cortisone shots and PT my OS and I decided to do a second surgery to clean things up. He said the bursa extremely inflamed and covered with a thick layer of scar tissue that was snapping over the humeral head every time I moved my arm, which was the cause of the popping I felt. I'm 4.5 weeks post op and the popping feeling is back, not sure if it ever went away completely since my ROM is improving more. When I mentioned this to him he said "he thinks he got it all" and to just ignore it for now and see what happens at the 6 week mark. So I'm playing the waiting game in the meantime. I'll probably get a second opinion, before I let my current OS open me up again, if that is what he recommends. Hope your doing well.

Jamie
      2/09 R wrist- TFCC repair, ulnar styloid removal, radial tunnel release
      12/11 R shoulder- biceps tenodesis, SAD
      6/12 R shoulder complete bursectomy
      12/12 R shoulder, subcoracoid decompression, coracoplasty
      8/13- R shoulder, pulsed RFA
      3/14- R shoulder, neuroma excision and multiple nerves removed

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 9 months ago #25207

• recovery12
      • Senior Boarder
      Jamieb, Sorry to hear about the second surgery... that would be tough to do! I hope the waiting game works out and here in the next few weeks you notice some great changes!

Here's my 10 Month update, after posting it I realize a few things I've already missed. Like the numbness in my wrist/forearm isn't there anymore!! I can't even think of when that may have went away... I know it was there for atleast 6 months...
      I also went swimming yesterday and have some shoulder pains today that I just can't pinpoint....

8/22/11 - Bankart Repair, Capsulorrhaphy, and Remplissage Technique

My Recovery Videos:
      www.youtube.com/user/hello7027

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 9 months ago #25227

• woody
      • Expert Boarder
      Hey recovery, now checking in, first time in a while. I am doing great, still some soreness if i over do it but no pain

going to watch you video now, been looking forward to it for a while

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 8 months ago #25465

• recovery12
      • Senior Boarder
      Glad you're doing well Woody!

The 22nd was my 11 year mark! I feel really excited to have come this far with the shoulder. I can't help but feel a little disappointed because these past 6 months have been entirely too busy... I know with more time to focus on my shoulder and exercise I could be even closer to 100%! Good news is my work hours are shifting so starting Monday I get to be lifting weights full time again! Hinting at training MMA/bjj soon as well.

I decided not to try and make one special one year video, but to hopefully make many awesome future updates instead as we all heal, strengthen, and get past our shoulder woes together!

I truly appreciate everyone who has watched my videos, wrote me messages, and posted their situations on here indirectly to me! Its an amazing support group that I don't believe I could have done
      without!

-Dale

My Recovery Videos:
      Last Edit: 4 years, 8 months ago by recovery12. Reason: Typos galore

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 8 months ago #25495

Hey Recovery

I'm new to the site, but fond your recovery videos and just wanted to say great job! I'm having SLAP tear surgery this Tuesday, and of course a little nervous. I am a baseball player and weightlifter so pretty similar to your activities athlete wise.

How was the pain the first week? Were you needing the pain meds often, or was it not needed as much? (I know its different person to person) How long until you were able to pick up a 10 lb dumbbell without pain? How long until you could sleep soundly?

I am just trying to gauge the recovery process, so sorry for so many questions. Baseball season starts in April, so having this surgery now would put me right on track to return for the first game. Wish me luck! Thanks for the videos!

Adam

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 8 months ago #25532

• recovery12
      • Senior Boarder
      Hey Adam!
      The paid was tolerable for me the first week, but I took my subscribed meds daily to make sure... Some people can go without the meds but I didn't risk it the first few weeks...

I can't recall how long it was before I slept soundly without going thru my videos... I think the first 9week weeks there was done sort of constant pain, then it was lifted! I'd say around the 3first month point is where I started getting active per my PT and doing light weights...

This weekend was the first time I really let go and threw a ball... I was pitching a tennis ball against the wall and just letting it rip! It felt great but I'm just now at 1 year... Just stick with what the doctors and physical therapy tell you and work at a gradual pace and you could be doing fairly well by April... Everyone heals differently, be patient, and don't overdo it too soon!!

My Recovery Videos:
      Time to create page: 0.49 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE