More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

My Torn Labrum Recovery videos
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 6 months ago #25554

thanks! I'm first day post op. the pain started overnight, so i had to wake up to take my meds. I'm guessing there will be some inturrupted sleep for the first week. Feeling pretty good actually, althought I know I dont have nearly as many incision sites as you... that looked like a minefield for sure man...

The good thing about my arm is that it is my non throwing arm. I injured it while swingging at a pitch... the shoulder just gave out. Thanks for your responses!

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 6 months ago #25579

• recovery12
      • Senior Boarder
      I haven't come across anyone else with 8 incisions yet for this surgery, but I'm okay with it a year later

Non throwing arm is awesome! As long as everything went smooth that definitely ups your odds of getting full speed in the diamond! Awesome!
      8/22/11 - Bankart Repair, Capsulorrhaphy, and Remplissage Technique

My Recovery Videos:
      www.youtube.com/user/hello7027

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years, 2 months ago #26938

• Bopper
      • Fresh Boarder
      Looks like interest is waning on this conversation. That likely means that recovery is going well, at least for recovery12. Back to normalcy is a good thing. Thought I'd comment on my update after having joined this conversation a few months back. I always found the videos and commentary of great interest. I had mentioned that I had developed a popping sensation in my shoulder that felt like it might be a tendon or something. Well, I ended up getting another MRI, after the popping and associated pain didn't clear up-I'm at 8 months now, and it shows that I have developed arthritis of the AC joint that wasn't there before the surgery. Not sure what I can do for that. The repair of the labral tear seems OK. I'm back at about 90% use which is way better than before I got the surgery. I see my surgeon tomorrow and will see what he says. I just turned 59, so maybe the surgery and the physical therapy took a toll on me more than it might have a younger person. Can't say for sure yet that I would or wouldn't do it again if I could do it over.

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years ago #27889

• recovery12
      • Senior Boarder
      Whoa it's been over 6 months on here! A mix between nothing too good/bad to write about and always being super busy at work.

Bopper any updates? It's no fun to hear that arthritis came about, but hopefully after seeing your surgeon there 2 months ago you've got some good happenings?

I haven't had time to weight train in the past 6 months so no news there. I have been sparring/mma training again 1-2 times a week. My shoulder seems to be doing pretty good with the occasional soreness or uh oh moments, but nothing has caused any issues for me!

I hope to get time to get back in the gym and possibly make a newer video with where I'm at at that point!

Take care all!
      8/22/11 - Bankart Repair, Capsulorrhaphy, and Remplissage Technique

My Recovery Videos:
      www.youtube.com/user/hello7027

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years ago #27956

• Bopper
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi Recovery, thought I'd update on my arthritis since you asked.

After seeing my surgeon and reviewing my MRI I got a cortisone shot directly into the AC joint and basically have been resting the shoulder (just doing normal activity, no exercise)for about 10 weeks now. I'm also taking Aleve daily as an anti-inflammatory. The inflammation/arthritis has diminished considerably and I'm mostly pain free! The challenge will be when I start to exercise again and push my limits. I'm expecting to find that the AC joint will not take to well to being pushed and I will have to discuss with my surgeon whether to consider another surgery or live with some limitation. At 59 I may settle for some limitation. Not looking forward to a second surgery. On the other hand-recovering from surgery is not going to get any easier the older I get so if I am going to do surgery, now is better than later. In the meantime I am relatively pain free as long as I don't push my limits and that's not such a bad place to be.

Re: My Torn Labrum Recovery videos 4 years ago #27957

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      I know you didn't ask me, bit as a general statement, once one starts considering multiple surgeries, use them wisely. I am 57 and have nothing left.
      Time to create page: 2.16 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 204 guests online
      Up