Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male

Re: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male 2 years, 7 months ago #23692

• nirrz
  • Fresh Boarder
I do love this site its helped alot- I had my surgery sept 22nd and im noticing a huge change in what i am able to do motion wise with out the fear out my shoulder popping out . I am only 22 but I am not even close to what i was able to do before but knowing one day ill be back to normal again is enough for me! keep up the good work - it only gets better!

Re: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male 2 years, 7 months ago #23699

• woody
  • Expert Boarder
41 Days since surgery and this is my first negative post

Last few days have not been good, really not sure what is going on but since PT upgraded my excercies to include bands and light weight, i have been expereincing major pain in the area of the repair, dont think its retorn as done nothing other than follow PT's advice. I did my home excercises two days ago, while doing the excercises felt no pain however later that evening shoulder started to throb, tried icing as usual but no relief. Next day shoulder not much better, now feeling stiff and getting some throbbing pain on bicep and inner part of pectoral.

Is this normal when PT is esculated ? Must admit i am a little worried

Have PT apoitnment tomorrow afternoon, cant come soon enough !

Re: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male 2 years, 7 months ago #23707

• woody
  • Expert Boarder
43 Days since surgery, pain eased substantially ... phew !

Discussed with PT yesterday what transpired over the holiday, seems like the exercises that worked the biceps directly and indirectly were the cause of the pain. PT eliminated wall pushups and rows from routine, thankfully no pain yesterday and today. Minor setback, going to hold back on anything that touches bicep for 2 weeks and try again.

I suspect the reattached ligament has not finished its healing process, this confirms all i have read, you cannot rush anything when recovering from SLAP surgery !

Re: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male 2 years, 7 months ago #23731

• builder1
  • Senior Boarder
I hope your recovery is better than mine. I will be 12 months post op for tightening shoulder capsule and I am still in a lot of pain. I get pain in areas that I have never had before and its got to the point where I don't do any of my exercises except some light theraband work.

Re: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male 2 years, 6 months ago #23748

• woody
  • Expert Boarder
48 Days since surgery, 7 weeks tomorrow !

When i was considering surgery and reading recovery posts 7 weeks seemed an eternity, now having reached this mark the days and weeks seemed to have passed by very quickly.

Pretty much same PT over last week, lots of Thera band exercises to strengthen the shoulder now including the "Throwers Ten" program. Some new stretches introduced, towel stretch (hand behind back holding with good arm pulling) and arm across chest pushing inwards. These are pretty painful, joint is still very stiff and PT is a bit concerned that ER at 90 abduction is not where it should be therefore next week or so will focus on this.

Re: Recovery Time SLAP 2 Repair for Athletic Male 2 years, 6 months ago #23769

• woody
  • Expert Boarder
51 Days since surgery, cleared to start swinging a golf club again

PT today was very painful, still not where i should be with ER, PT manipulated shoulder to where it should be and i couldn't contain the tears however positively PT was able to get where it needs to be so only a matter of time now. Strength training continuing with bands and dumbbells (max 5lbs), i can feel the shoulder getting stronger every day.

Swinging the golf club will be great for my ROM, obviously wont be able to swing like my pic (hands at 12o'clock) however getting hands to 9o'clock will really stretch out the shoulder and help.

Appointment with PT next week is also an assessment, best case i get released, however i expect to be in at least once a week to ensure progress is being made.

I'm very excited right now, getting back on the golf course is really the final piece of getting my life back.

Next PT Tuesday 10th Jan.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 149 guests and 1 member online