Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: "The Rotater" review

"The Rotater" review 3 years, 4 months ago #29345

• Andy
      • Administrator
      (Full Disclosure - I do receive a commission on Rotaters that are sold through slaptear.com)

Hi gang,

I wanted to share my thoughts on "The Rotater" product.

First, to expand on my full disclosure statement. This website has always remained a hobby for me. I honestly net about $300 a year running it, so I'm definitely not in it for the money. I do get approached by a bunch of companies trying to sell products and most of them are absolutely terrible and not something I'd want to pass along to you guys. Chris of Joint Mechanix offered to send me a Rotater to check out a long time ago and I still use it. That's why there is a permanent ad for it at the top of the page.

Now for the actual review...

This thing is great. I use it after surfing if my shoulders are feeling beat up and anytime I feel some tightness in my shoulders. It makes stretching out the rotator cuff muscles easy. You can adjust how much force you are applying because the arm doing to the pushing is well within its range of motion instead of also being at the limit like the arm you are stretching. I would imagine that even if you have two bad shoulders you'd be able to use it because of that.

If you only look at what you get then the price is difficult to deal with, but it's about what it DOES that matters. Yes, it's a plastic I-beam in the shape of an L. The first thought is "I could make this myself out of pipes and stuff." Really? The curve fits perfectly in the elbow, the handles are great, it's sturdy and it works. Given the amount of time you'll end up using it, it becomes a really good value. It's in the same price point as a bunch of other fitness tools I've bought (weights, etc...)

Anyway, I really like it. I think it's a valuable recovery tool. It's been over 7 years since my slap tear and I think "The Rotater" is a great way to keep my shoulders healthy. As usual, ask your doctor and see if it makes sense.

Questions? Please reply to this thread.

Cheers,
      Andy

Re: "The Rotater" review 3 years, 4 months ago #29346

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      I would get one if I could, but really have no use when there is no cuff! But if I did, I would, just to support your immensely valuable "hobby."

Re: "The Rotater" review 3 years, 4 months ago #29347

• ljansen
      • Platinum Boarder
      • 9 shoulder surgeries
      I've owned The Rotator for a couple years now, I love it...it works great. I agree with Andy, the price point is competitive with other fitness/rehab tools and I find this one to be highly valuable in terms of results. I have 2 bad shoulders, it's easy to use. The only modification I've made to it is putting on an elastic wrist sweatband under the wrist velcro fastener so the edges don't dig in.

I 100% support andy's recommendation.
      R. Shoulder Capsular Shift - Sept. 03
      L. Shoulder Bankart/SLAP/Capsular Shift/Rotator interval & SS repair - Jan. 05
      L. Shoulder MUA/adhesion release - Jan. 06
      L. Shoulder SAD/Bursectomy - Sept. 07
      L. Shoulder Biceps Tenodesis - Mar. 09
      L. Shoulder Open Latarjet & Arthroscopy - Nov. 24, 2011
      L. Shoulder Capsular Release/SAD - June 11, 2012
      L. Shoulder Capsular Release/Screw Removal/Biceps Tenotomy - Mar. 22, 2013
      L. Shoulder Arthroscopic Latarjet Screw Removal, Interval Repair, Axillary Neurolysis, Debridement

Re: "The Rotater" review 3 years, 4 months ago #29350

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      I bought one 4 years ago. Worked great for my limited expectations...I even recommended back then!
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 551 guests online