No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Bicep tenodesis

Bicep tenodesis 1 year, 11 months ago #31367

Hi everyone. I've had 3 surgeries and one MUA on my left shoulder in the last 9 months. First was a torn labrum repair then got frozen shoulder had a MUA still didn't help. Had MRI showed foreign body in bicepital groove so went in again to find it and just found more scarring and cleaned it out. All of these were same dr who did my right shoulder open slap repair 16 years ago with no problems. After the last surgery and still having pain I switch dr. Just had a bicep tenodesis and removed a bunch more scar tissue, my bicep was scared to my sub pec and whole bicep was scared to rotator cuff. It's been 2 weeks since surgery, just started PT today. No sling dr wants me moving as much as I can due to my body making all this scar tissue. Only restrictions are no lifting straight with any weight and rotating my hand out. I expected to be fixed after this last surgery. My ROM is much better, pain is starting to go away. What is the total recover time for tendondesis? I just want my life back to normal, I'm 37 pretty good shape except the last year with this shoulder issue grounded me pretty good and I've sunken a tad into depression as I couldn't do anything. Any questions please ask!
      Thanks
      Bryan

Re: Bicep tenodesis 1 year, 7 months ago #31485

• aksantacruz
      • Expert Boarder
      Hi Bryan - I'm 9 months out from my second tenodesis- did both shoulders in a 9 month period. I was doing my normal routine - traveling for work and horseback riding by 5 months. I felt better at 3 months to drive and be more independent. I'm 51 years old. The complete ROM took me a year on the first shoulder. I'm not as strong as i used to be though. I think I have some scar tissue because the incision bothers me. The second side was much easier healing wise- same surgeon. Good luck! I was also depressed during my recovery.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 556 guests online