Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Few questions after bankart repair
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Few questions after bankart repair

Few questions after bankart repair 1 year, 10 months ago #31403

Hello everyone i am 18 days post op. I had a bankart lesion repair done on my right shoulder after suffering 1 separation and two dislocations a few years back. I have a few questions that are worrying me. I was hoping someone could help me out

1. I took a week off from work after the operation but then started again. My main concern is this: is sitting in the car almost all day bad for my surgery? The roads arent in their best shape in my country so im worried if the MANY potholes, bumps and shaky roads could ruin my repair? (My dad is doing the driving not me)
      2. Im being active all day from taking the stairs, writting bills, going in and out of the car severals times per day, going out with friends at night ect.. Knowing that im always wearing a sling and no one is bumping into me. Is this bad for my repair and the healing process or is it better to rest and stay home this month?
      3. I have been doing the pendulum excercises and still am but i was moving my shoulder actively instead of passively by moving my waist ( i didnt know any better..) but in slow controlled movements. Could this have affected my repair?

Thank you very much ! I can be paranoid at times so your anwswers are very well appreciated !

Re: Few questions after bankart repair 1 year, 9 months ago #31415

• Bankart86
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi!

Don't be paranoid. It will be good.

Always have in your mind not doing external rotation.

And nothing of your question will torn or damage you repair.

Best regs.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online