SLAP Surgery: fear of retear at 10 Weeks
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: SLAP Surgery: fear of retear at 10 Weeks

Re: SLAP Surgery: fear of retear at 10 Weeks 1 year, 7 months ago #31469

• Tobi237
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi Guys,

just want to give you a short update on how my recovery goes.

Week 0 - 10: No pain, just stiffness from wearing the sling the first 4 weeks

Week 10: Incident where I was trying to catch something that was falling out of the fridge. Hand got stuck in the fridge. Kind of like pushing inwards against resistance. Felt two pops/sensations in the front of the shoulder where the incision is but not painful or sharp pain.

Week 10 - 12: Shoulder gradually started to burn in the front and back and got a little stiff that week as my PT figured out. The burning feeling is kind of like the same feeling I had before surgery. In week 12 I saw my surgeon, he checked the shoulder and said everything seems to be fine.

Week 12 - 20: Burning feeling in the front and back of the shoulder persists. Some days it is better, some worse. Some days it is only in the front of the shoulder where the biceps is, but most of the days it is on the backside where the lat is. I have no pain doing my band exercises or stretches. My ROM and strength is coming back nicely and pain free.

The only thing that concerns me right now is the persistent burning. Did anybody of you had this kind of feeling for a longer time or can tell me any stretches to get rid of it? Icing helps for a short time but it comes back afterwards.

Thanks for your help!

Tobi
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE