Slap Repiar AND Capsular Shift
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Slap Repiar AND Capsular Shift

Slap Repiar AND Capsular Shift 1 year, 6 months ago #31539

• Sjobbo80s
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hey all

I wanted to check to see if anyone had a capsular shift done at the same time as their slap repair to the shoulder???

I had both of these done at the same time 5 months ago.

The shift was done due to the fact that my shoulder joint had become loose where the labrum was torn for about 3 years and required tightening up.

I still have a lot of stiffness and pain but am slowly getting my ROM back. I have a lot of cracking in my shoulder and some pains in my shoulder blade below my arm when lifting it above my head.

Anyone experiencing these?

All the best!

Re: Slap Repiar AND Capsular Shift 1 year, 4 months ago #31571

Hello Sjobbo80s,

I had SLAP repair 1 year and 2 months ago. The doctor said also he sew capsule.

I have still so much pain. I visited another doctor. He said my shoulder is still loose. Because in my first surgery, the surgeon had only repaired front of the shoulder capsule. His opinion is shoulder capsule has to be repaired totally. Not one part. He said I need 2nd surgery for only capsule repair. But the success ratio is %90 in 2nd surgery.
      Slap Repair Surgery (Type 2)- Right Shoulder- September 2014
      Due to Tennis and weight lifting

Re: Slap Repiar AND Capsular Shift 1 year, 4 months ago #31573

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      I've had a Capsular shift on my right shoulder (still my problem shoulder) It was something that was not talked about in my pre-op but whatever it happened. He shifted it forward, which is almost always the opposite direction you want to go with shoulders. Anyway, long story short...it did get better, but it took about a year for my body to adjust to the shift. I'm going in for surgery on that shoulder for a tenodesis now...I don't really think it is due to the shift, just something that had to be done in the first place that was over looked.

So in summation, everyone is obviously different, and like I said, my shift did start to feel better into the post op 10+ month mark...so hang in there!
      10-24-2013 L shoulder SLAP repair
      10-14-2014 R shoulder Bankart repair -5 anchors
      1-1-2015 L shoulder Tenodesis - 1 anchor
      8-7-2015 Stem Cell Transplant to both shoulders
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!