Username Password: Remember me

Denied by Shoulder Surgeon
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Denied by Shoulder Surgeon

Denied by Shoulder Surgeon 1 year, 6 months ago #31507

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      So as I posted in one of my other topics, my stem cell transplant was not a success.

The last surgeon (we will cal him "Dr. X") that did both my shoulders ended up giving me 1 successful surgery on my Left arm, and unfortunately 1 unsuccessful on my right.

It has been one year now since the right has been operated on.

Dr. X who did both of my last surgeries was actually recently in an "unconfirmed" oxycodone scandal. I won't go into details but I most certainly would not go back to him for another surgery.

I made an appointment with another reputable shoulder surgeon in the area. His office just called me to inform me that he rejected my case and would not see me concerning my shoulder. He recommended I go back to Dr. X to have him fix it. This is obviously because the new shoulder surgeon doesn't want to get his hands dirty with my case.

I am just in a place of utter shock right now. I can't believe that I'm starting to get denied treatment because it would be "inconvenient" for the new surgeon to take on my case.

I never in a thousand years would have thought about lawsuits, but part of me is thinking about "lawyering up" and going after Dr. X

I don't even know what to do right now....
      10-24-2013 L shoulder SLAP repair
      10-14-2014 R shoulder Bankart repair -5 anchors
      1-1-2015 L shoulder Tenodesis - 1 anchor
      8-7-2015 Stem Cell Transplant to both shoulders

Re: Denied by Shoulder Surgeon 1 year, 6 months ago #31508

You can sue if he failed to do your procedure, that for sure, but I don't know what your problem was , I recommend ring up a lawyer talk about it, maybe it in your right to do so? If so you looking at serious buck.

Re: Denied by Shoulder Surgeon 1 year, 6 months ago #31510

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      Hey man. Sorry to hear about the fail stem cell! For all the pain too!

I am kind of in the same boat with my Latarjet. Had an incident with it this year and went back to the ortho who did it. Saw him 3x and did 10 weeks of PT to no success. He wrote me a script for a CT scan no contrast and blew me off. Try and get another opinion. There has to be other options other then just 2 orthos!

Re: Denied by Shoulder Surgeon 1 year, 6 months ago #31514

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      Sorry to hear about that Topher....Yea it seems like a lot of these docs have no problem getting in there the first time but then when shit doesn't go as planned they don't want to deal with you.

Yea looks like I've got some homework to do finding another ortho.

Re: Denied by Shoulder Surgeon 1 year, 6 months ago #31516

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      Where are you located?

I'm having pain in both shoulders now and the mri on my left came back clean even though I feel what seems to be some kind of impingement in the front of the joint and it cracks and I can stretch it out and crack it back. If I push in the joint with my hand or do tennis ball against the wall I have a deep pain in the jont. Not to mention I still need my latarjet shoulder repaired already. Oh and I can't do that until I get both hips scoped this year for impingement and labral tears!

Re: Denied by Shoulder Surgeon 1 year, 5 months ago #31523

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      OMG what a mess!

I'm in the Cleveland area, to answer your question, and I actually just scheduled an appointment with the team surgeon for the Cleveland Indians and the Browns. I have heard good things so we will see what he has to say.

As for your stuff, did you have a surgery on the left shoulder? whats your shoulder surgery count? (we should all have that posted somewhere on here haha)

Also, not to be too personal but how old are you? The reason I ask is you might be able to get prescribed Human Growth Hormone. Considering you have so many different things going wrong you could possibly get the drug prescribed and covered by insurance. (from a great deal of stuff I have read, it can work as a great healer and possibly keep you from having to get a ton of different surgeries)
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!