Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Third SLAP tear

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 4 months ago #31558

• PokesFan
      • Fresh Boarder
      Mine feels quite similar to yours. I feel a "catching" sensation often when I reach across my body or out to the side away from my body. It is a constant dull ache in the joint. I have to sleep with it propped up on a pillow and lay on the opposite side. I keep working on the PT exercises hoping that the rotator cuff will continue to get stronger and hold the shoulder where it's supoosed to be. The exercises themselves don't hurt, but afterwards, there's more deep achiness in the joint. I often feel popping when I move my arm after it's been still for a bit too. When the inflammation flares up, I feel a burning sensation in my armpit. Mine is a posterior tear and most of the pain starts in the top of the shoulder and progresses to beneath the shoulder blade. My surgeon keeps telling me to hang in there, that labral tears can take 6 months or more to heal. From some of the things I have read, MRI-A are not always effective in diagnosing a labral tear either. My surgeon and I have decided that if we go for a third surgery, we are skipping the MRI and just going in with a scope, which is by far the most accurate tool to diagnose joint problems in my opinion.

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 4 months ago #31561

• sambruin7
      • Fresh Boarder
      Just got back from my 11 week post-op visit with the surgeon and he said the MRI shows the biceps tendon is intact and not frayed in any way. He said it did show that I have a lot of inflammation and signs of bursitis in the AC joint. Okay that explains the pain and clicking I guess. I wonder if the PT caused this since my AC joint was fine before the incident where she got overzealous with the stretching and I heard a "pop". I was instructed to continue PT and that it would take a lot of time to heal.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 290 guests online