Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Third SLAP tear

Third SLAP tear 1 year, 6 months ago #31526

• PokesFan
      • Fresh Boarder
      I tore my labrum in June of '14 after a bicycle accident. I had slap repair surgery as well as a biceps tenodesis in November of '14. Everything was progressing well until I slipped and fell on ice only 4 months after the surgery and I re-tore it. I had a second surgery in April and again, things were going well until 4.5 months post-op and I tore it again doing shoulder presses with an excercise ball. I am reluctant to try a third surgery as two have failed already. I have had a cortisone injection and am continuing with the PT, with no relief from the pain. I ice it two to three times a day, which helps calm the inflammation for a little bit. Has anyone had similar experiences? Does anyone have ideas how to calm the inflammation and keep it calm? I'm assuming most of the pain is from the inflammation, as my surgeon told me that a lot of people with torn labrums never feel anything.

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 6 months ago #31543

• sambruin7
      • Fresh Boarder
      I'm assuming you meant third biceps tendon tear because the labrum has been trimmed down and isn't being pulled on by anything anymore. I'm 9 weeks post op and pretty sure my PT reinjured me by stretching too much. I heard a pop and ever since that my arm is hanging lower and causing lots of pain. This is my second surgery after failed slap repair and I know how you feel. I'm possibly looking at a third surgery and am going crazy.

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 6 months ago #31546

• PokesFan
      • Fresh Boarder
      The biceps tenodesis is in tact. I have six anchors holding my labrum down and the tearing occurred at the site of the anchors although the anchors are in tact as well. The tearing is below where the anchors are placed. I too felt a "popping" sensation both times I retore. I hope that your PT didn't cause the tenodesis to fail for you! I have found that Kinesio Tape helps to control the pain when I am using my arm for strenuous activity and essential oils help keep night pain at minimum.

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 6 months ago #31547

• sambruin7
      • Fresh Boarder
      So how did they confirm the tearing at the labrum? Was it the MRI? I just got an MRI and the doctor said he thinks the biceps is still intact but isn't sure since there was a lot of scar tissue and the image wasn't clear. I'm still in a lot of pain and my shoulder constantly clicks now. BTW, do you know what's going on with this website? A few years ago it was much more active and I would get replies quickly but it seems dead now. I guess the active members are gone and we just have a bunch of lurkers now.

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 5 months ago #31551

• PokesFan
      • Fresh Boarder
      The first re tear was confirmed by MRI arthrogram. I don't feel it's necessary to confirm the second re tear as I've done it twice before and know what the tear feels like as well as the symptoms of the tear are almost identical. If it was a regular MRI to diagnose, they are not always accurate. I had a regular MRI the first time and it basically said there was a small tear. Argued with the surgeon for 6 months before surgery because no other option was helping. PT made it worse. When the surgeon got in, the injury was much worse than what MRI had said. Large tear of labrum as well as other extensive cartilage damage. MRI arthro gram was more accurate, the dyes actually leak where there's tearing. As far as the site, I have no idea. I've been on for a year and it's never been very active. As a matter of fact, it was three weeks before my post was published.

Re: Third SLAP tear 1 year, 5 months ago #31555

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      What does it feel like? I injured my left in February. Was reaching behind me to grab something and hear a loud pop/crack followed by a burning, dull ache sensation. The joint still hurts, especially if I reach across my body to grab something or if I push inwards on the joint pushing the head of the humerus inwards. If I take a tennis ball and massage it against the wall it's the same painful situation. I still get locks of pops/snaps as well. Does this sound like SLAP if nothing showed up on the MRI-a?
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 128 guests online