For those with a Tenodesis
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: For those with a Tenodesis

For those with a Tenodesis 1 year, 5 months ago #31534

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      Those of you who have a tenodesis for your long head of bicep;

Do you guys ever get pain at the anchor site.....like months after surgery?

I had mine done 10 months ago, for the most part I am very happy with the results but every now and then it will get sore just at the part where it is anchored. usually for no apparent reason, no strenuous lifting or anything, just kinda comes out of the blue. Maybe slept on it wrong?

It usually goes away, right now its been hurting for a little more than a week, so I'm a little concerned.

Anyone have similar experiences?
      10-24-2013 L shoulder SLAP repair
      10-14-2014 R shoulder Bankart repair -5 anchors
      1-1-2015 L shoulder Tenodesis - 1 anchor
      8-7-2015 Stem Cell Transplant to both shoulders

Re: For those with a Tenodesis 1 year, 5 months ago #31541

• sambruin7
      • Fresh Boarder
      I had biceps tenodesis about 9 weeks ago and I started getting that pain after my PT stretched my arm too far back. I'm getting concerned that she pulled the anchor out a bit or frayed the tendon because not only do I have more pain but the arm looks like it's hanging lower and it appears I now have the popeye deformity again. Is yours fine other than the pain at the anchor site?

Re: For those with a Tenodesis 1 year, 4 months ago #31552

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      I would say if its only 9 weeks out you don't have that much to worry about. Its going to still have good days and bad days at that point. However, if you do have a popeye deformity I would say that might be a pretty good indication something came loose. If thats the case you would probably be able to press into your arm to see if you can find the tendon end... you would be surprised what you can feel if you know what you are looking for.

My tenodesis arm does have the bicept a little bit lower than the other side but we are talking like 1 cm, I cant really notice it. The arm in general does sit lower now than my other one and I would imagine its because getting rid of the support from the long head of the bicep makes the shoulder a little more lose, something I knew getting into this

Re: For those with a Tenodesis 1 year, 4 months ago #31553

• JonBoy
      • Junior Boarder
      To follow up with the beginning of this thread, I am now seeing a really good OS and talking about doing surgery #4 on my Right shoulder to do a tenodesis.

I asked him about my left shoulder tenodesis and the pain at the anchor site. He gave me some pretty good advice....he said the tenodesis anchor obviously has a lot of scar tissue and nerves that have been disrupted. He suggested I really dig into my arm to do some deep tissue massage to stimulate blood flow and break up scar tissue. He also said that if you keep digging into those nerves with massage, soon they will get used to it and they will start to switch off the pain response.

Re: For those with a Tenodesis 1 year, 4 months ago #31554

• ToPHeR35
      • Junior Boarder
      Congrats Jon. I know it's been a long journey for you and your shoulders! I'm still waiting on my right shoulder revision and get my left diagnosed. I know the right has a loose body getting stuck in the glenoid causing my intense pain, but I worry I have other things going on since the original pain started on the inside armpit area and toward the posterior of the shoulder. As for the Left shoulder, the MRI-a came back clean (at least the radiologist said nothing was seen). I still get a lot of cracking and popping in that joint and if I push in or use a tennis ball on that area the pain becomes more intense in that joint.

My biggest problem is that I can't even worry about my shoulder until next year though! I have to get my hip done this year and I had my right hip scoped at the beginning of October. It was supposed to be a simple labrum repair with some bone decompression. When they went in, the joint was much worse than they thought. Ended up having 5 anchors, decompression, and a Microfracture! This means I'm on crutches, no weight for 8 weeks! And the crutches are killer because of the shoulder problems! Now my elbows are starting to crack and hurt (probably tendinitis)...

I have to get my left hip done next, but that got pushed back to early next year because of the microfracture. And they thought the left would be the worse of the 2 going in based on the XRays! Long road ahead!

Re: For those with a Tenodesis 1 year, 4 months ago #31559

• aksantacruz
      • Expert Boarder
      I had a tenodesis on both shoulders. One is perfect but I have scar tissue under the incision on one of them and that is an irritating and tugging kind of feeling. But no pain. I've done a ton of bodywork but I can't seem to fix it. I've considered seeing if the could redo the incision.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.49 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 172 guests online