No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

SLAP Post op day 11 injury. Advice.
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: SLAP Post op day 11 injury. Advice.

SLAP Post op day 11 injury. Advice. 1 year, 5 months ago #31538

Post op day 11. My surgeon said I had a great repair. On day 9 stitches came out and my arm was freed from the evil sling. I'm going to make some of you upset, but my range of motion is great and I have little pain unless I push my arm. Today, post op day 11, I was the passenger in front seat when my kids were fighting. I spun around without thinking to reach the seat behind me. (stomach facing the seat w right arm pit pressed against the seat.) My repaired arm was in one of the few positions my surgeon said I should not be in, arm bent at 90 degrees palm facing forward and externally rotated. My son pushed my arm further externally ( away from my body) rotating it. I immediately was in moderate pain and told him to stop as I realized I placed my self exactly how I was told not to be. My wife ( driving) hears me in pain and freaks out slamming on the breaks. I shoot forward further extending my arm which is caught behind my car seat and now in real pain. I played it off as not so bad, but it really hurt and kept aching until now 6 hrs later. I thought I was gonna be okay, but I just lifted my arm laterally feeling out my shoulder and when I put it back down it made a eerie squeaky/grinding noise. It feels uncomfortable, but not really painful beyond the pain I was in from the injury earlier. Of course I'm worried that I ruined my slap repair. The physicians assistant on call I spoke w does not know me and said I may have broken some scar tissue. Anyone have a similar problem. I've heard of arms squeaking from breaking scar tissue. Could the injury have broken some scar tissue causing the squeak? Anyone squeak/ grind after tearing their repair? What does it actually feel like to mess up the repair? Any feed back would be great. Thanks.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 576 guests online