Username Password: Remember me

biceps tenodesis reinjury
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: biceps tenodesis reinjury

biceps tenodesis reinjury 1 year, 5 months ago #31540

• sambruin7
      • Fresh Boarder
      I had biceps tenodesis on my left shoulder about 9 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago I think my PT reinjured it. She had me lie down and do the assisted shoulder flexion stretch where you lift your arm straight up using your nonaffected shoulder to help. She told me to go up as far as possible. But then she grabs my arm and pushes it back further and I yell in pain to stop. She keeps going and we both hear a loud pop. She stops and says its just scar tissue. I believed her but a week goes by and shoulder is getting more painful and ROM is getting worse. My surgeon is unusually busy so I won't get to see him till next week but I saw his assistant who told me it's possible my shoulder is reinjured but there's nothing they can do at this point.
      Last Edit: 4 days, 17 hours ago by sambruin7.

Re: biceps tenodesis reinjury 1 year, 4 months ago #31562

• sambruin7
      • Fresh Boarder
      Just got back from my 11 week post-op visit with the surgeon and he said the MRI shows the biceps tendon is intact and not frayed in any way. He said it did show that I have a lot of inflammation and signs of bursitis in the AC joint. Okay that explains the pain and clicking I guess. I wonder if the PT caused this since my AC joint was fine before the incident where she got overzealous with the stretching and I heard a "pop". I was instructed to continue PT and that it would take a lot of time to heal.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 575 guests online