Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: shoulder arthritis

shoulder arthritis 10 months, 2 weeks ago #31609

• brob
      • Fresh Boarder
      hi,anyone know what to expect for outcome with arthritis of shoulder resulting from shoulder dislocation ,and 3 surgeries .first one for slap tear,5 suture anchors.second for retear ,4 anchors. then frozen shoulder,then third surgery for debridement,finding were, more fraying of labrum, grade 2 and small are of grade 3 of degenerative changes in the joint.chronic pain still 7 months post op.,unable to throw a ball still.any suggestions on what to expect, types of rehab that worked etc would be appreciated. thanks

Re: shoulder arthritis 10 months, 1 week ago #31612

• pfl101
      • Senior Boarder
      Arthritis is tricky to deal with, and chonrdral hurts a bit for one person can disable another. If you ever need another procedure, look at some of the big names in GH arthritis vs having someone else do it. Google these guys:

1. Peter Millett

2. Brian Cole

3. Stephen Burkhart

I've got chondral changes in my shoulders and it's a bad situation to be in. Best of luck.

Re: shoulder arthritis 3 months, 3 weeks ago #31649

• mtlbrad
      • Gold Boarder
      I had a slap tear about 6.5 years ago fixed on both shoulders. Then Oct 07 I had a cleanup surgery, acromioplasty to fix an impingement, and fibrosis cleaned up along with a the clavicle being shaved to help with arthritis, and a bursectomy. I am 2 months post op, and I had a very annoying burning feeling across my trap and collar bone prior to surgery. I had bursitis for over a year, and it felt like I was punched on the side of my shoulder. Also had some debridement of the RC from tendinosis. Most of my symptoms are now gone, however, I still have pain around the acromion and in the ac joint, which I am attributing to surgery. I won't know if I will be pain free for another 1-2 months, because the healing time is usually 3-4 months. But I am satisfied so far assuming I fully heal.

The unfortunate news is I most likely need the same surgery on my right side, I have some tissue impinging my acromion (even though I had acromioplasty on my right side about 6 years ago) and I have some tendonsis and a partial thickness tear of my infra. So again I will neeed a debridement and a cleanup and I am sure he will do a distal clavicle excision too as I have a small bit of arthritis also.

I 38 years old, so I am pretty young to be needing this but I play a lot of sports, go to the gym, and had 2 previous surgeries which most likely all combined led me to my current state.
      Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by mtlbrad.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 581 guests online