Username Password: Remember me

Extra rib detected after biceps tenodesis
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Extra rib detected after biceps tenodesis

Extra rib detected after biceps tenodesis 7 months, 2 weeks ago #31626

• Mychelle
      • Junior Boarder
      Hello, I had a biceps tenodesis and rotator cuff repair 3.5 years ago. The shoulder pain never went away completely. 3 weeks post op I started getting numbness and tingling in my hand (close to the thumb and wrist). Over the years I kept going in for consults on my shoulder but they said nothing was wrong. Finally this year I had my neck and spine checked and they found I have a 13th rib just above rib 1 on my cervical spine. I have been diagnosis with thoracic outlet syndromes nerve impingement type. Apparently, the shoulder surgery changed the anatomy around my brachial plexus enough to cause the impingement from the 13th rib. Has anyone else experienced this? It's quite rare so I'm assuming I may not get a response.

Secondly, I've just started to get symptoms of a labrum tear or strain on my other shoulder. I can't seem to find good information on google as to how long I need to rest it if it is just a strain at this point. I don't want it to tear and want to be conservative, yet I'm a pretty active person and it kills me to not workout. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
      Mychelle
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE