Username Password: Remember me

5 months post-op slap lesion
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: 5 months post-op slap lesion

5 months post-op slap lesion 9 years ago #4987

• Ellen
      • Fresh Boarder
      I had a type 2 slap repair on Sept 5/07. I had a scare 9 weeks post-op when I slipped on some ice but caught myself and automatically reached for the stair railing and my shoulder wasn't ready for that tug. It was excruciating, but pain went away within a couple of minutes. I thought I damaged something, but my physio said I didn't. I know I am not healing normally. My range of motion is OK, but I can't lift my arm and twist my wrist up my back very far yet. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago (5 1/2 months post-op) I started lifting and pulling heavier things than I am supposed to. I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than 15 pounds for a year. I never put 2 and 2 together that pulling something heavy on wheels would be in the category of not lifing anything heavier than 15 pounds. I also dragged a few tables. I used both arms while pulling though. I don't do it anymore since the pain started. I have had pain and impingement in my shoulder since and have been told that it is probably just inflamed and I didn't actually tear anything more. Has anybody had this experience? I get so scared sometimes that I tore something else. I wish I could see into my shoulder

Re:5 months post-op slap lesion 9 years ago #5024

• Andy
      • Administrator
      It does sounds like inflammation. I've had this happen a few times. The shoulder has to get use to doing stuff like this again and it takes a while.

Pulling is no where near as bad as pushing is for the shoulder. My therapist told me to avoid pushing (motions like bench press) for a while, but pulling was okay.

I'd keep icing the shoulder and rest it a bit. You'll do fine!

Re:5 months post-op slap lesion 9 years ago #5028

• mcslain
      • Fresh Boarder
      I'm at over 4 months post op. The shoulder was feeling pretty good last weekend, so when my wife suggested we move a few pieces of furniture around I jumped right in. Afterwards, my shoulder killed... I had lost a ton of range of motion, it was like I regressed a month or more. I even had to bust out the ice again. Now a few days later I feel better, but still tired. My therapist explained it was normal. The shoulder is still somewhat weak... he said it is like having a back that is prone to feeling sore. Its just gonna get tired when it is over used because it isn't in great shape. Anyhow... I bet (hope?) you will be just fine.

-mcslain

Re:5 months post-op slap lesion 9 years ago #5047

• Ellen
      • Fresh Boarder
      Thank you for all your advice. I feel so much better.

Re:5 months post-op slap lesion 9 years ago #5048

• Ellen
      • Fresh Boarder
      Thank you so much for your opinion. I feel 100% better that my tear hasn't been re-torn.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 210 guests online