Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: my recent victories

my recent victories 7 years, 2 months ago #15261

• GirlGumby
      • Gold Boarder
      I don't think people who haven't been through this quite understand how important it is to recognize the progress, even if it's small.

So in recognition of mine, here are my victories. Oh, I'm at 4 1/2 weeks out from a bankart reconstruction and SAD/Mumford procedure.
      ------------------------

I can reach the turn signal while driving if I lean forward.

I can reach a lightswitch.

I can touch my nose (though this does give me mild pain).

I can use the arm to pull up lightweight pants.

I can wash my hands without tearing up, and I can rub lotion on that arm without cringing.

And, most importantly to me, I slept flat in bed last night with no more discomfort than I was in while sitting up.

Is there anyone else that has some victories to share? I'm tired of focusing on what I can't do.

Re:my recent victories 7 years, 2 months ago #15280

• inancy
      • Fresh Boarder
      I know exactly what you are talking about. Keep track of those small victories, they do eventually add up.

I am 5.5 months post surgery with SLAP team (2 anchors), rotator cuff repair (2 sutures), and decompression. I have about 90% ROM and still do PT 2-times a week. It has been very slow for me regaining ROM after all the work and even slower regaining strength. My little victories:

I can raise my hand to about 170-degrees with my arm completely straight. Today I actually caught myself waving to a friend across a room with my operative arm

I can pull a 1/2 gallon of milk out of the fridge or lift a 1/2 gallon pitcher from across the table (you know, like to pour yourself a glass of wine!)

I can write near the top of my white board in my office and can erase too!

Keep up the hard work.

Re:my recent victories 5 years, 4 months ago #23333

• Revrower
      • Senior Boarder
      Even though this is an old thread, it is just what I need this morning! I am seven weeks out from my rotator cuff repair, decompression and biceps tenodesis and I need motivation!

1. I worked a full day yesterday and waved my arms as per usual (I'm a priest...so it's part of what I do!

2. I can take my dark glasses off if I try hard.

3. I can reach the hinge on the door as I am walking my fingers up the wall.

4. I typed a long note to a friend last night and didn't think twice about it.

5. I can shake hands with people I know will be gentle.

What are your victories? I want to hear them!

Stacey
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online