More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

6 weeks post-op started back at the gym 3weeks ago
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: 6 weeks post-op started back at the gym 3weeks ago

6 weeks post-op started back at the gym 3weeks ago 6 years, 2 months ago #19936

• jafa21
      • Fresh Boarder
      • Personal Trainer - Type II SlapTear
      IM a personal trainer at a physical thereapy facility and play semi pro baseball during the summer (im a pitcher that was how i got the SLAP TEAR). So i live a very active life. My OS had be doing PT at 5days and i was able to go to the gym at 2-3weeks to do stationary bike (20mins), leg press, hack squat, leg extensions, leg curls and ab workouts that did not require my shoulder (crunch, legs lifts, V-crunch). AT the 6week mark i was aloud to begin wearing a weighted vest (20-40lbs) so i can begin doing explosive squats and lunges. Begining the gym again was the best thing for me as i began taking my protein and creatine supplments and pain decreased. Besides going to therapy my arm barley works.

My question is anyone else progress and pushed them selves back to working out correctly acording to their OS/PT and when did you beging doing bench press/push ups/lat pulls. Im scheduled to pick up a baseball at 3months throwing 25ft and pitching off the mound again at 6/7months. If anyone whos an athlete/ workout junky ect can give me advice id really appreciate it!
      Personal Trainer
      Baseball Pitcher
      Type II Slap Tear 12-01-2010

Re:6 weeks post-op started back at the gym 3weeks ago 6 years, 2 months ago #19938

• ljansen
      • Platinum Boarder
      • 9 shoulder surgeries
      Hey,

Just thought I would forward you some good websites for you to look at regarding return to throwing program. It will at least give you more of a regimented idea of how to progress.

www2.massgeneral.org/sports/protocols_th...rtsconditioning.html

And here is a SLAP repair protocol that has some good info on returning to gym workouts and heavier lifting. There's some really good info on protocols on the mass gen website that really go into detail. In terms of personal heavy lifting, I don't really have much to add as I more just do rec lifting for endurance, etc.

www2.massgeneral.org/sports/protocols/Su...or%20and%20posterior(SLAP)rehabilitation%20protocol.pdf

Leanne
      R. Shoulder Capsular Shift - Sept. 03
      L. Shoulder Bankart/SLAP/Capsular Shift/Rotator interval & SS repair - Jan. 05
      L. Shoulder MUA/adhesion release - Jan. 06
      L. Shoulder SAD/Bursectomy - Sept. 07
      L. Shoulder Biceps Tenodesis - Mar. 09
      L. Shoulder Open Latarjet & Arthroscopy - Nov. 24, 2011
      L. Shoulder Capsular Release/SAD - June 11, 2012
      L. Shoulder Capsular Release/Screw Removal/Biceps Tenotomy - Mar. 22, 2013
      L. Shoulder Arthroscopic Latarjet Screw Removal, Interval Repair, Axillary Neurolysis, Debridement
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 619 guests online