Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Voltaren cream for pain?

Voltaren cream for pain? 5 years, 7 months ago #22778

• AmyinNC
      • Junior Boarder
      Anyone use it with results? Is it something you have to apply a few times before you'll feel relief or should you feel it after each application?

Re:Voltaren cream for pain? 5 years, 7 months ago #22780

• wilesank
      • Fresh Boarder
      I have been using a similar formulation to some relief from the biceps pain. It is NSAID (diclofenac sodium) and menthol formulation. I think that it provides a temporary distraction from the real pain because of menthol. I don't think that anything applied to skin can really reach the deep tissues. NSAID absorption from skin will help to some extent, however the amount of drug absorbed will be much less than oral administration.

- wile

Re:Voltaren cream for pain? 5 years, 7 months ago #22781

• AmyinNC
      • Junior Boarder
      Thanks. Mine calls for 2grams 4 times a day. did it 4 times yesterday but didn't notice much relief.
      Im on my 4th type of pain pill..HATE them.

Re:Voltaren cream for pain? 5 years, 7 months ago #22784

• swimmer1a
      • Fresh Boarder
      Have any of you used the lidoderm patch? It does require a perscription and is pretty pricy. My copay was $50.00 for a box of 30, but I will tell you I couldn't wait to slap one one at night. It is patch about 4 x 6 that is infused with lidocaine. Within 20 minutes I felt relief. There is another gentleman on this site who has had multiple shoulder surgeries and he has had great luck with them. I also like Biofreeze, more of a distraction from pain, but whatever it takes when you are hurting.

Re:Voltaren cream for pain? 5 years, 7 months ago #22787

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      I have them as well and use them occasionally. I think my co-pay was $50 for 3 boxes- insurance "saved" me something like $600 or more. He said I could use it continually.

Re:Voltaren cream for pain? 5 years, 7 months ago #22793

• AmyinNC
      • Junior Boarder
      I had tried a patch sample from the OS once before with no luck. I can guarantee my insurance wouldn't cover them. I was given an RX for pensaid last week and they denied that, which is why i have the voltaren now.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 150 guests online