Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

LIMITED ROM 11 WEEKS POST SURGERY
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: LIMITED ROM 11 WEEKS POST SURGERY

LIMITED ROM 11 WEEKS POST SURGERY 5 years ago #24250

HI guys, so i got my surgery 12/14/11. was in a sling until 1/14/12 and then was able to take it off. I have now been out of the sling for about 6 weeks. Dr gave me the go ahead and to start PT aggressively. I feel that my ROM is very limited, Dr said I am really stiff. Dr said if I dont make enough progression they will gas me out and manually physically move the arm ( basically forcefully tearing it) so I can regain my ROM. I am due back in 6 weeks to check my progression. How long of this do I have to do until I get my ROM back?

How long until I get my ROM back?

Re: LIMITED ROM 11 WEEKS POST SURGERY 5 years ago #24304

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Depending on where the restriction/problem lies vs. your options, maybe weeks or months....or unfortunately maybe never, for a return of all of your ROM anyway. I am 4 yrs post op and have lost (never to regain) 90% of my ER and 50% of my abduction. Strength is 50% to 80% lost too. All other planes are also diminished but to a lesser degree...sucks
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re: LIMITED ROM 11 WEEKS POST SURGERY 5 years ago #24310

• SlapHappy
      • Fresh Boarder
      I'm at 15 weeks now (11/28/11). 2 anchors on top and 3 more on the bottom of my labrum. About 4-5 weeks ago I got nasty almost constant pain and clicking from working it too hard as far as strengthening, on my own and with the PT. Doc said slow down with the strengthening because you need ROM first, so he told me to continue ROM exercises, decrease strength building and start jogging and/or stair master. The increased blood flow from jogging helps with pain and healing. My shoulder feels great now as I'm progressing daily. My advice, do ROM exercises daily and keep as active as possible. I do ROM exercises daily and I jog and/or stair master 2-3 times a week now and I'd say that that's the key!!! Good luck.

Re: LIMITED ROM 11 WEEKS POST SURGERY 5 years ago #24312

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      While I am thinking about it, talk to your PT and doc about this first but I bought a "Rotator" advertized at the top of this site (long before it was advertised at the top of this site). It is by far, the best home-exercise assistive device to help get your ROM back (No, I don't get a kick-back), hands down.

While my ROM never adequately returned (due to numbskull-headed surgeon who overtightend the capsule; not due post-surgical adhesions), it was exceedingly helpful and is light years beyond a shoulder pully, belts and all the other conventional BS.
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure
      Last Edit: 5 years ago by Cavitator.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online