More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

distal bicep pain, bicep tendonesis 7weeks post op
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: distal bicep pain, bicep tendonesis 7weeks post op

distal bicep pain, bicep tendonesis 7weeks post op 3 years, 4 months ago #29458

• jam3s121
      • Fresh Boarder
      I am about 7 weeks post op from a bicep tendonesis surgery on 10/31/13.. it is now 12/11/13.

I have been going to PT for about 3weeks, i think i've done 7 now. Yesterday for whatever reason the PT assissant who is only tehre in the monrning two days a week had me do bicep curls with 1lb dumbells, it wasnt that hard and didn't hurt but today I woke up with such excuriating distal bicep pain.. instead of having pain in my shoulder where near my tendonesis incisions are Ii'm having pain about halfway down my bicep.. is this just soreness from lifting weights? which my doctor never even cleared me for..

i was only doing isometric ball exercises, pulleys, finger ladder and wall slides as well as pendulums until the pt said to do this.

Re: distal bicep pain, bicep tendonesis 7weeks post op 3 years, 4 months ago #29476

• builder1
      • Senior Boarder
      I'm 12 weeks post-op a tenodesis. My surgeon said for me not lift anything in flexion for 10-12 weeks. I never did except light stuff like a bottle of water etc.

At 10 weeks I seen him and he gave me the all clear to lift again. I went to the gym a few days later and lifted 4kg (8.8lb) dumbbells to curl and I didn't have much discomfort, just a slight ache in the anchor area.

I never had any pain afterwards and no bicep muscle soreness either which I was expecting to get seeing that I hadn't used the bicep in over 2 months.

Were you lifting weights before your operation? I was so I think that's the reason for my lack of pain and the 4kg was extremely light to lift - I done about 40 reps for 3 sets each.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 239 guests online