No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 9 months ago #30475

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      I really don't know anything about it, but there is a condition called scapular winging. I am sure your doc would notice it. Here is some info though.
      bosshin.com/st_winging/

I have had numerous problems, a slap tear was the least of them. It was not repaired, just debrided. None of that matters any more with the reverse replacement. No more labrum! I have also been going to pain management for several years due to the mess. Lidocaine patches are a topical treatment for pain. They are only given by prescription and help a little bit. I also had radiofrequency nerve ablation of the suprascapular nerve. They " burn" the nerve to block pain signals, again, this was done by my pain doc.

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 9 months ago #30480

• FeDawn
      • Senior Boarder
      Riderk,
      That is very interesting that you say anything about winged scapula, because I actually googled that last night. After I was writing back to you on here I was remembering that my old PT (PT I had prior to surgery) had told me that he did think that I had "a little bit" of the winged scapula. I originally went to PT due to the back pain and should subluxation. They sent me to this PT thinking that I just needed to strengthen my rotator cuff. This is what I was doing when he told me this. But since then I found out that I needed to have a slap tear repair. I've gone back to PT but it's been for recovery from the surgery. I do wonder what part of my pain now is referred pain or is possible winged scapula issue.
      Thank you for all the information and I will definitely be looking into soaking to my PT and surgeon about this.

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 9 months ago #30490

• aksantacruz
      • Expert Boarder
      I had a stabbing pain under my shoulder blade for months prior to surgery and after. It went away completely around 10 weeks post-op. I suspect is was from muscle imbalances and compensation.
      Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 618 guests online
      Up