No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 10 months ago #30459

• COgirl
      • Platinum Boarder
      Today is better, but it's early yet. My pain is always worse in the evenings. How are you doing today?
      3/2010 Slap Tear Repair, Biceps tenotomy
      8/2012 Latarjet
      11/14 Total shoulder replacement

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 10 months ago #30463

• FeDawn
      • Senior Boarder
      COgirl,
      Today was a little better. I didn't really do too much. I feel that more than anything my shoulder blade area and the back of my shoulder where the slap tear extended to are always in a lot of pain which makes it very uncomfortable. In the morning I was ok to sit without pain, but by the afternoon anything that touched that area was super painful. Which basically means I have to try to sit sideways or something ridiculous hehe. Did you ever have this issue?!?! If so any suggestions?!?

I'm glad to hear you weren't in too much pain this morning, how was your evening? Hopefully not too bad. Thanks for checking in on me, I appreciate that!

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 10 months ago #30466

• COgirl
      • Platinum Boarder
      I don't remember having pain like that, but then again I think that once you've gotten over pain in one area you tend to forget what it's like until you experience it again. The pain I have in my shoulder now is different to that from prior surgeries. My knee is different too.

Last night was better, but today is not such a good day. It's like that. But it's all on the right side of my body. Not that it helps, I just feel like I've been hit by a truck.
      3/2010 Slap Tear Repair, Biceps tenotomy
      8/2012 Latarjet
      11/14 Total shoulder replacement

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 10 months ago #30469

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      Fe,
      I wonder exactly where that pain is. The slap repair is around the glenoid rim, so more inside the joint. I know that a lot of people, myself included, have pain at the bottom point of the shoulder blade. Sometimes that is more painful than anything!! I don't know why, other than to think the one nerve that runs there gets stretched or something during surgery. I hope you find something to help. I got lidocaine patches, and would often cut a piece off for that area. After I had that nerve burned, it did not bother me again.

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 10 months ago #30471

• FeDawn
      • Senior Boarder
      Riderk,
      Thanks for responding. My pain is mainly down my shoulder to my shoulder blade. This has been my biggest issue since before surgery and was one of the main reasons I went to the dr to get my shoulder checked out (well, that and the subluxation). I find it difficult to put any pressure on it (i.e. Sitting on the couch/chair/bed). I have asked the surgeon about this and it was chalked up to residual pain from the tear.... I really hope that's the case and it goes away soon. I was even looking in the mirror today when I was doing my at home PT excersises and noticed that when I was trying to lift my operated arm, my shoulder blade moved far out. But when I used the non-operated arm the shoulder blade didn't move. Any thoughts??? Is this the type of pain you had with your slap tear??

Where did you get the patches? And curious, what nerve was burnt, and why.? Thanks for all your help

Re: Swollen, more pain in the evening, & sleeping woes 2 years, 10 months ago #30472

• FeDawn
      • Senior Boarder
      COgirl,
      I think you're correct about the pain being different for every surgery. My pain now in some parts is similar to prior to surgery (I'll be speaking to the surgeon about that) and other pains never occurred before. Possibly because I'm dealing with the aftermath if surgery.

Sorry to hear you're not having a good day. Mine was a little better today and I was able to get out for most the day. But I think now I'm paying for it, I think that's how mine goes lol....hope tonight is better for you though
      Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 278 guests and 1 member online
      Up