Username Password: Remember me

biceps tendonesis
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: biceps tendonesis

biceps tendonesis 8 years, 1 month ago #10591

• puritan
      • Fresh Boarder
      i keep forgetting to ask! my doctor mentioned that he may do a biceps tendonesis when i have my surgery. is this usual with a slap repair? has anyone had one, and does it add to the recovery?i know my mri stated that there was some mild fraying of the supraspinatus tendon but it didn't mention any tears.

Re:biceps tendonesis 8 years, 1 month ago #10602

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      This is something to discuss with your OS. If you are over 40, the chances of having biceps problems following a SLAP repair are greater. If you have the tenodesis, it will probably be because
      the biceps tendon is torn, but the MRI did not show this. It will not really add to your rehab time, but I am beginning to wonder whether it should not be done more often with the older population as some are having to go back for a second op, if the biceps creates problems post-op. You may ask him what are his considerations for doing this procedure and for those that are over 40, how many are having biceps issues post-op. I believe there is controversy over the best way to go among the OS professionals. Let me know what he says. Sharon

Re:biceps tendonesis 8 years, 1 month ago #10607

• puritan
      • Fresh Boarder
      hi sharon,
      thanks for all your answers to my questions its really been a help. i won't speak with my doctor until the day of surgery but i will ask him about it.
      not too much longer!
      thanks,
      robin
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google