Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Surgery again

Surgery again 7 years, 1 month ago #16746

• MHarleyGal
      • Junior Boarder
      I had previous surgery for slaptear to left shoulder and I delayed having a slaptear surgery on the right for awhile. Now I am going in for surgery On April 6th for cubital tunnel syndrome which he will be performing a transitional on the left arm then he will be doing a carpal tunnel on the same day to the same arm...I don't know much about the recovery process , like how long it takes and such... I was just told to make appt with pt about 4 weeks out from surgery.... what can I expect with PT and also will this be just as painful as slaptear and take as long to recover.... I had surgery back in 08 for slaptear and still have issues with that... Still have pain, alot of it seems to be under my collar bone in the front, and also front and back of the shoulder so I am not to sure if I didn't reinjure it awhile back when I fell after having shoulder surgery...Or could most of this pain becoming from ulnar nerve as it seems to hurt all the way down my arm into my hand. thanks Marianne

Re:Surgery again 7 years, 1 month ago #16751

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      Well you will be having 2 surgeries, but neither nor together will it be like your SLAP surgery. Of course the first week will be the worst, but for most the nerve entrapment symptoms will go away and it is just the healing from the surgery. There are a few ways the surgery is done, mini open and arthroscopic so bring your questions in to the OS or assistant so you better understand what is being done and when you should be able to return to work.
      Sharon
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online