More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Type 2 SLAP repair post operation frozen shoulder
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Type 2 SLAP repair post operation frozen shoulder

Re:Type 2 SLAP repair post operation frozen shoulder 6 years, 3 months ago #19797

• Jossy
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi everyone, thanks for the responses

Reading everybody's opinions/experiences, it seems a bit of a mixed bag. My surgeon was very quick to diagnose a frozen shoulder after seeing my attempts to move my arm to the positions he wanted. However, after going back to my private physio, he too said that it was certainly a frozen shoulder. Some may say that he stands to gain by saying that as private physio is not cheap, but this is a guy I've known for a long time and I am 100 percent sure he would not exploit my situation.

In terms of the pain I have, the best description I can offer is one I read on a frozen shoulder website, and that is that it feels like toothache but in the shoulder. In addition to that, every now and then I get a sharp stabbing pain, similar to the pain I had before the surgery. Being as I've been told that the frozen shoulder would have developed nearly straight after the surgery was completed, I am unsure as to what pain from the SLAP repair I should be feeling. Is a stabbing pain consistent with those who have not developed a frozen shoulder?

I am still in two minds as to what course of action to take. The problem with refusing the surgery is that if the physio does not free the shoulder, then I will go to the back of the queue for the release op. Anyone from the UK will tell you that the NHS is not the fastest run organisation, and will only treat you quickly if you are on deaths door. I really don't want to be hanging around for this operation by summer 2011, which if I refuse surgery this time, could be feasible. As I said in my earlier post, I have until approx Jan before the op comes up so I guess I have a tough choice to make. Just for the record, I am 32, and prior to the injury classed myself as in reasonably decent condition.

Anyway, thanks for everybody's advice, and if anyone has anything else to add, please do.

Jossy.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online