More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Bicep tenodesis 6 months post-op of slap tear
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Bicep tenodesis 6 months post-op of slap tear

Bicep tenodesis 6 months post-op of slap tear 6 years, 4 months ago #19859

• antistang
      • Fresh Boarder
      Geez, just got the new today that doc now wants to get the bicep tendon off of the labrum to help relieve the stress and pain. I work in the coal mines, on my knees, all day, overhead, with a lot of force. How long am I looking at recovery time? lmao MERRY CHRISTMAS

Re:Bicep tenodesis 6 months post-op of slap tear 6 years, 4 months ago #19870

• karenm
      • Platinum Boarder
      Unfortunately the recovery for tenodesis is longer than what you experienced with the slap repair. I was unable to start strengthening until 4 months post op. Up until that point, I was only able to lift no heavier that a coffee cup with the arm.

Take it Easy,
      Karen

Re:Bicep tenodesis 6 months post-op of slap tear 6 years, 4 months ago #19871

• GMWisconsin
      • Gold Boarder
      • RC & Biceps Tenodesis 10/09 and 2nd Repair 6/2010
      Biceps tenodesis is usually a 12 week "healing" time where as most other things are considered to be 6 weeks. Healing does not mean you are good to go to do anything just that the repair is pretty much set.
      Like Karenm says, strengthening doesn't even begin till at least the 12 week mark and that is usually only a 1# DB.
      You could ask the OS about a tenotomy which just snips the biceps off and lets the other muscles compensate. The recovery and rehab are much shorter and easier.
      Good luck with your decisions.
      Gayle
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE