No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

Elbow surgery after shoulder surgery?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Elbow surgery after shoulder surgery?

Elbow surgery after shoulder surgery? 9 years, 4 months ago #3160

• sprtschick
      • Expert Boarder
      Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has had elbow surgery after having shoulder surgery? I had arthroscopic shoulder surgery in March on my right shoulder. About July I started having pain in the back on my elbow with intermittent numbness/pins and needles in my ring and pinky fingers. Probably the result of changing my throwing motion as this is just about the time I started getting back into playing softball with my doctor's okay. I have had 2 cortisone shots in my elbow. The first one provided relief for about 3 weeks, the second less. My pain and more importantly, numbness, continues. I apparently seem to have snapping triceps syndrome which is causing painful snapping in my elbow and displacing the ulnar nerve and causing the numbness. The last time I was at the surgeon, he said he could go in arthroscopically and clean up the joint and suture the triceps tendon in place. I don't know if he would also perform an ulnar nerve transposition. Has anyone had to have elbow surgery after having shoulder surgery? Anyone have any experience with arthroscopic elbow surgery? Is it a combined general/block anesthesia? What is the recovery/rehab like? Thanks for any info!

Re: Elbow surgery after shoulder surgery? 4 years, 11 months ago #24511

Yes, a bit late, i know.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE