Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: slap on 12/19

slap on 12/19 9 years, 4 months ago #3776

• tgk
      • Gold Boarder
      i had my surgery on weds the 19th @6 pm. i'm now a leftie. pain was intense whrn the nerve block wore off. today is day 4 since surgery and the pain is better as long a i don't use my upper arm for anything. get a nice little jolt if i do use it. feeling a bit dizzy/foggy as well. seeimg the doc tonight.
      feel better!

Re:slap on 12/19 9 years, 4 months ago #3778

• Andy
      • Administrator
      Congrats! Your experience so far sounds pretty normal. Are you dizzy/foggy from the pain killers? They used to make me feel a bit light headed. Best of Luck!

Re:slap on 12/19 9 years, 4 months ago #3779

• tgk
      • Gold Boarder
      i was in bed for 3 days which actually wasn't so comfortable. today am spendinf the day sitting up in living room chair. most of the day i felt foggy but doing better this afternoon. my whole arm doedsn't hurt anymore, just the upper area. swellimg in my hand looks better and color is looking better too. actually standing up with my arm almost striaght is the best.

btw, i went in for r/c tear and impimgement repair. mri was wrong though and it was a bicep problem. Dr. said i should be happy about this.

what this site needs is spellcheck!

Re:slap on 12/19 9 years, 4 months ago #3781

• summertime
      • Expert Boarder
      what did they do for the bicep problem? i had surg 3 wks ago and was discovered had early frozen shoulder and huge amount of inflammation. required alot of scraping and bicep tenotomy. had to start pt right away on a daily basis. thank goodness for pain meds! hope you heal quickly.

Re:slap on 12/19 9 years, 4 months ago #3782

• tgk
      • Gold Boarder
      had acromioplasty for the impingment + repair of partial tear po the labrum -.SLAP III tear. i got off ez since the mri showed a suspected tear in my rotator cuff. the doc told me last night that basically the cartilege was shredding. lovely thought. hr anchoerd it to the bone. went to PT today. it'll be isometrics for about a month-6 wks then the fun stuff. not going to tkae percocet tonight since i wake up at 1:oo am anyway and feel like a zombie so i may switch to advil which has been my drg of choice for the day hours.
      fell good,
      tammy

Re:slap on 12/19 9 years, 4 months ago #3784

• patrick87
      • Senior Boarder
      i had surgery on the nineteenth also! now i am a leftie as well, read patricks workers comp story
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 115 guests online