Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: stitches

stitches 9 years, 2 months ago #3839

• patrick87
      • Senior Boarder
      i am not going for my post op appointment till Jan. 3rd, and one of my stitches came untied so i pulled it out. my incision is still closed, an i had surgery 8 days ago,is this not a big deal?

Re:stitches 9 years, 2 months ago #3845

• asr9754
      • Senior Boarder
      Call your doc to confirm, but probably it's ok. In the meantime, keep it dry and covered with a fabric band aid. I read that plastic bandaids don't breathe and can make an incision wound damp. Do not use hydrogen peroxide!! It can re-open an incision like this. Also don't pick or tug at the wound or change the bandaids too much, once every other day or less is fine.

Re:stitches 9 years, 2 months ago #3850

• Mich
      • Senior Boarder
      it is probably not a big deal. it is time for them to come out anyway. much longer and you end up having to dig them out.... I have taken out my own stitches and my family's for years now. As long as the wound edges are well approximated it is fine. Keep it clean and dry.

Re:stitches 8 years, 4 months ago #8582

• PamB
      • Fresh Boarder
      Usually, patients go back in about a week to 10 days to at least have the sutures removed. My first post-op appointment was at 6 days and my sutures were removed then. As long as your incisions are still closed with no signs of infection, it should be fine. I would buy some steri-strips from the drug store though and apply one over the incision where your suture came out and also call the OS and let them know.

I came back to edit to say I just realized this post is over 10 months old. I was wondering why someone would go a month or two before the first post-op appointment, LOL!
      Last Edit: 8 years, 4 months ago by PamB.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 257 guests online