Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Arm pain and slap tear

Re:Arm pain and slap tear 7 years, 4 months ago #14090

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Sskylor is right. You seriously need neurodiagnostic studies. In addition to the EMG's, from your post, you likely need NCV's and SSEP's (perhaps even DSSEP's) if there is truly reasonable consideration of brachial plexopathy. Differentiation needs to be determined between an ulnar nerve lesion vs. brachial plexopathy, doubtfull C8 root issue.

A SLAP repair sounds like the least of your worries.

And....if you truly have a bonifide brachial plexopathy, what if anything, is the surgeon going to do to protect your brachial plexus during a SLAP repair (arm traction during surgery will stress the plexus, trust me)?
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re:Arm pain and slap tear 7 years, 4 months ago #14099

• gary23
      • Senior Boarder
      whats is the treatment for those injuries? its very aggravating, if i dont do anything i dont hurt. but if i try to workout im or have to fight with a suspect(im police ofc) it flares up

Re:Arm pain and slap tear 7 years, 4 months ago #14100

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      There are multiple teatment modalities for all of these conditions and based specifically on your problem (which still remains undefined). I think you need to positively identify the origin of your pain first, then you can construct a reasonable therapeutic approach. Otherwise you're sort of putting the cart before the horse. The SLAP tear would not cause symptoms down your arm and hand,per se. There is something else going on...
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re:Arm pain and slap tear 7 years, 4 months ago #14105

• gary23
      • Senior Boarder
      ok, i guess its time to just stop the pt and go back to dr. sounds like it may take awhile to get a diagnosis. i waited nearly 2 years because i thought it would heal on its own. Glad i didnt have the slap tear surgery like the first dr wanted to do.

Re:Arm pain and slap tear 3 years, 3 months ago #29398

• cm1986
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hey,
      I know this post is a bit older but i have exactly the same Problems you both mention.
      The MRI Arthro showed up a possible Slap Tear, a slipped disc C6-8 was not detectable - at the most slight narrowing which would not cause those symptoms...
      My pain varies - I have pain and inflammation(burning) feeling near the pectorals/shoulder area, often in the biceps and forearm muscles. i had a numb feeling in the small and ring finger for some time, instability feeling, provokable scapula alata, burning and so on. So at all very hard for PT and Docs to say if the slap tear casuses some of those problems...
      What else have you done to cope with the problem?
      My orthopedist stated i should visit a neurosurgeon to rule out a thoracic outlet syndrome, he stated EMG etc. won't lead to a result as my symptoms are to slight... in case the neurosurgeon won't find out anything he suggested a arthroscopie to look up for a SLAP tear which could cause at least my biceps and shoulder problems....
      my situation is very unsatisfactory as nobody can give me a clear diagnosis and clear advise which will relief the pain if feel almost every day (of course i have better and worse days depending especially on my activities)...
      Im in PT since 10 months it helped a lot due to a all in all healthier situation but the ground problem still persists and it makes me ill that i have to decide for shoulder surgery and there will be maybe a relief ( in case my shoulder surgeon won't find anything he won't do anything)...at least i think its a good idea to rule out slap through atroscopie...
      would be interesting what you have done...
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 609 guests online