Is this worse than a Slap Tear?
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: Is this worse than a Slap Tear?

Re:Is this worse than a Slap Tear? 7 years, 4 months ago #14687

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      Well I guess the fact that it is your Left shoulder explains why it has taken so long to produce more pain. The tear of the SS tendon will not heal as it is 75% torn. A torn tendon in itself does not always produce pain and when doing bench and military you are not directly pushing these torn tendon/muscles. However try to imagine how you shoulder is functioning at half capacity and the stress that is being put on the surrounding structures.
      You are essentially setting yourself up for a labrum tear with bench pressing. If you were 60 perhaps you could get away with no surgery, but at 33, I am not sure. Remember most on this site
      have had labral surgeries and those reporting here are having a rough go at it. Night pain is usually what brings most to consider surgery. Of course you could consider a round of PT and maybe expensive PRP injections done into the tendons biceps and
      subscap but the SS tendon is the one that I cannot see reparing itself without surgery. Be sure to ask the surgeon what he would propose for the subscap and biceps issues. The SS repair is a no brainer. Sharon
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 604 guests online