Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Right Shoulder Pain

Right Shoulder Pain 6 years, 4 months ago #19525

• tadmanny
      • Expert Boarder
      I've been diagnosed with a small tear of the posterior labrum through an MRI. My shoulder doesn't feel as unstable as the one I had operated on, but it is a little loose. That being said, I have a burning pain on the side of my arm that kind of trickles down my tricep. I also get the same discomfort on the front of my deltoid area. The surgeon who did my first surgery says that he would recommend getting it fixed and that my labrum was causing this pain. Stanford and my PT both disagreed with this recommendation and told me to keep doing PT. It hasn't really improved, but I also havent really stuck to PT over the last couple months. I dont feel any discomfort doing resistance tests and it usually bugs me when I'm at rest or after activity. Never really during. I'm posting a picture for everyone to see and hopefully someone can help. Its been months!
      images.jpg

Re:Right Shoulder Pain 6 years, 4 months ago #19546

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Wow, you have arms that look like that by working out with just 20#?? It's worse than I thought! (just kidding, couldn't resist).

Multiple issues come to mind...when was the surgery?
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re:Right Shoulder Pain 6 years, 4 months ago #19547

• tadmanny
      • Expert Boarder
      Haven't had surgery on this arm. Random subluxations and slipping while playing sports as a kid through teenage years.

Re:Right Shoulder Pain 6 years, 4 months ago #19548

• johnt0148
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Bi-lateral SLAP Tear Surgeries
      Tacmany, I too had pain as you describe in your picture. I currled and pressed 25# dummbells until surgery on both shoulders for years until my os said that repetitive overhead lifting is what tore both of my labrums and if I continued, I would be back for surgery again.

Your mri may have only disclosed the tip of the iceberg. Factors can hide some or all of a tear from the radiologist. Once the OS sees the damage with the scope, no one knows for sure what the issue may be. The important thing is that the OS can fix anything he finds.
      Talk to you OS about the repetitive overhead lifting. It was a complete surprise to me.
      Good luck,
      John

Re:Right Shoulder Pain 6 years, 4 months ago #19645

• tadmanny
      • Expert Boarder
      when i push like a pushup, i feel discomfort on the outside of the shoulder. almost like its the muscle. I cant tell if its the muscle itself or something under it. Either way, would one way or the other suggest that the small labrum tear is causing this problem?

Re:Right Shoulder Pain 6 years, 2 months ago #20202

• tadmanny
      • Expert Boarder
      So I havent really stuck with PT that much over the last two months, but have tried lifting followed by rest. Im still feeling the symptoms and I'm going to try a strict PT program for the next month before undergoing a surgery. The thing is that I can feel the pain by pressing on the areas. The most common motion when the shoulder feels like it sticks is cross body. If i lye on my back and reach fully across my body, and then try to bring the arm back across, there is a split instance where the shoulder feels stuck but if i fight through it, it makes a popping sound and gets out of this stuck position. The popping or movement itself doesnt hurt, but the muscle on the back of the arm is tender after this occurs. Once again, my MRI results revealed what they believed to be a small posterior tear. The picture above shows the areas where i feel discomfort. My Pt stresses not to have a surgery after what happened with my other arm and all the snapping scapula and other issues that came about. Just posting to give an update and get some advice. Thanks.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 597 guests online