Latest Topics

No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out....
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out....

HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 7 months ago #22777

• Pony Fan
      • Fresh Boarder
      I'm new to the forum. I had a bicep tenodesis in February 2011 with no complications and an easy recovery. Forward to this morning. I woke up and as I was dressing I noticed a large (2"x2" ) bruise on the top of my arm just below the bend of my elbow. I hadn't hit my arm that I could remember and was really confused about it. It was quite swollen as well and yet not really painful. Later this afternoon, I was palpating the bruise trying to figure out where the heck it might have come from and I felt....something. There was a mass of something that was solid and slightly moveable and worse....a distinctive hard "something" on top of the mass. I've just moved to a new area across the country from the OS who did the original surgery and I can't reach my GP.

Is it possible that my screw pulled out? What would it look like if it did. I thought that if the tendon pulled loose it "pooled" on the underside of the arm. Has anyone had this happen? The DR covering for my GP thought if the screw had pulled loose I'd be in a lot of pain but it really isn't that sore. I'm concerned that if I did pull the screw out it could be causing damage to the muscles its sitting on. The covering DR said I should try to get to urgent care in the morning, however I'd rather wait and talk to my GP on Monday and go in to see a good OS here. But I don't want to wait if there's a potential for more damage...

If anyone has had a screw failure and could offer advice I'd REALLY appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 7 months ago #22782

• Lee
      • Junior Boarder
      Hi,

I haven't had a failure, but I have been assured by my PT that it's unmistakeable if the tendon gives because the new attachment is not in the shoulder joint's groove b/c it's now screwed into the humerus bone. The tendon would snap into your arm and create a bulge. The screws my OS used are disolvable over time, but if yours are, it's hard to believe that it'd be dissolved in 6-7 months. I sure would get it checked out.

Good luck, and take care.

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 7 months ago #22783

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      Did you say the bump was below the elbow? I would definitely get it checked out if you can feel something hard in there.

My husband tore his bicep tendon lifting a heavy pallet, and you can see the bulge, but it isn't painful nor did it cause loss of strength. he also tore his rotator cuff falling on ice, and although it was painful at first, the pain cleared quickly and it never caused another problem. Lucky him! I am sure some surgeon would've loved to convince him to get surgery with those completely torn tendons, but he is fine. Unlike his wife.

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 7 months ago #22785

• Lee
      • Junior Boarder
      Oh, I totally read that location wrong. Agree that I would see a doc ASAP.

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 7 months ago #22786

• Pony Fan
      • Fresh Boarder
      The bruise is still bad today and you can definitely feel something hard and round that is movable on top. The bruise is on the top of my arm when it rests on the arm of my chair and starts right below the inner crease of my elbow. There is a swollen look to it but its not huge.

I'm going to call my DR's office tomorrow and see if he can get me in with an OS ASAP.

Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking this is probably not good...

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 7 months ago #22788

• Lee
      • Junior Boarder
      It sure does sound like your tendon is there, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Best of luck!
      Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 155 guests online