Latest Topics

No posts to display.

More Topics »

Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me

HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out....
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out....

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 6 months ago #22806

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      That would be worrisome- could you get an xray at an ER?

Not sure how a tenodensis would fail - guess it depends of the type of fixation device.

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 6 months ago #22807

• Pony Fan
      • Fresh Boarder
      Don't know either but I'm slated to see an OS tomorrow. I'll report his findings. I'm REALLY hoping it's not related to my shoulder surgery but can't think what else the "round, hard thing" could be....

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 6 months ago #22863

• Lee
      • Junior Boarder
      Any word?

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 6 months ago #22864

• Pony Fan
      • Fresh Boarder
      Thanks all for your input. I saw the OS and then 2 days later my GP...The answer at this time - NOT a "loose screw" or a bone chip(the X-ray confirmed this). Best diagnosis without having an MRI is a ganglion cyst or a tumor (most likely benign). I need to watch it for a month. If it gets bigger I need to call the OS ASAP. If it's a ganglion cyst, it may go away on its own or they may have to drain it. The bruise is still very dark a week after I noticed it and the DRs both said it was a very deep bruise and could take as long as a month to fade away. But my shoulder is still A-Okay!

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 6 months ago #22868

• Lee
      • Junior Boarder
      That is great news. What a relief for you.

I hope that my 6-week checkup next week goes as well. The sling just has to go.

Re:HELP!! - Bicep Tenodesis screw pulling out.... 5 years, 6 months ago #22869

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      That is certainly interesting and a great relief! Hope it heals up quickly.

I can't believe my therapist told me to bring my sling out and use it to rest my arm - it has been 2 months since surgery and the sling has been gathering dust on the floor of my car. I did better than that - didn't do any home PT this weekend in hope of settling down whatever is causing the pain.

The CPA I was talking yesterday to said he was advised by his OS/client - one of the TOP shoulder guys in the country - to have surgery for some tear. He was not sure what kind. He said absolutely not - NO surgery. He had no pain and said it was time to stop whatever he was doing that caused the problem. Same place that refused to even diagnose my injury. Still amazes me that all the men are referred to surgery no matter what.
      Time to create page: 0.45 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 600 guests online
      Up