Username Password: Remember me

My Biceps Tenodesis Journey
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: My Biceps Tenodesis Journey

Re: My Biceps Tenodesis Journey 4 years, 12 months ago #24476

• riderk
      • Platinum Boarder
      Why is the PT worried about HH migration? Hopefully not superior - that is basically end-stage after rotator cuff failure. If your cuff is in decent condition, it should not be a concern. That is great, otherwise, that you are doing so well!

Re: My Biceps Tenodesis Journey 4 years, 12 months ago #24505

• akadiane5
      • Fresh Boarder
      Saw Dr on Monday - he says the forward and down subluxation is something to watch, and strengthening the Infraspinatus and Teres Minor will be hugely important. Those muscles have stretched due to hunching my shoulder forward for a year and a half

Previous MRI's showed signaling within the supraspinatus that was diagnosed as tendonitis, but that MRI was taken about 9 months after the initial injury. When Doc checked it out during surgery, he reported no active tears, but it looks like I had a very small tear that healed on its own.

My sub scap is a tight wreck from protecting the biceps tendon tear, thus pulling the HH forward.

I'm getting a lot of relief from correcting my posture Keeping those shoulders down and back!

Got the clear to start strength building too... Staying positive and keeping the faith!
      L Biceps Tenodesis 2/17/12

Re: My Biceps Tenodesis Journey 4 years, 11 months ago #24565

• akadiane5
      • Fresh Boarder
      Just realized I'm probably posting in the wrong place... LOL Oh well!

A big THANK YOU to the veteran shoulder warriors for continually posting on this site and answering questions for us newbies. I really appreciate the encouragement you all provide.

It's been almost 9wks post op and I'm at the stage where my shoulder hurts more now then it did prior to surgery, and the mind wanders, wondering if the Dr missed anything, or maybe I further damaged something by mistake BUT - thanks to the posts here, I know that this feeling is all part of recovery and I just gotta contiue staying positive and working the PT.

The journey continues
      Last Edit: 4 years, 11 months ago by akadiane5. Reason: 9 wks post op, not 8wks

Re: My Biceps Tenodesis Journey 4 years, 7 months ago #25588

• esiegel
      • Fresh Boarder
      Before you had the surgery and you were going through that year what did you arm or shoulder feel like on a daily basis? What type of symptoms did you have?

Re: My Biceps Tenodesis Journey 4 years, 1 month ago #27700

• akadiane5
      • Fresh Boarder
      When the mess first began, I felt an actual 'pop' near the coracoid process, and I noticed slight loss of strength in my arm, but nothing obvious. Over time, the dull achy pain in the front of my shoulder began radiating to the back and I had a lot of discomfort in the scapula. I also felt a weird sensation at the top of the biceps belly. Since it wasn't a complete tear, the swelling and continued fast paced repetition at work further damaged the tendon and surrounding area.

It's been a year since surgery and my only wish is that I had taken care of the mess sooner. Surgery helped eliminate a majority of discomfort but there is some lingering issues due to the permanent damage from waiting so long to have the surgery. All in all I am satisfied with the results and am happy with the use of my arm and shoulder.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online