Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Calf Strain

Calf Strain 7 years, 11 months ago #11112

• nobody102
      • Fresh Boarder
      I pulled my left calf muscle last Sunday (6 days ago) playing raquetball with my son. Went to an Ortho this Tuesday. He said it woudl take 4-6 weeks to heal, and no torn ligmanets, etc. I had iced it the first 48 hours. Wed/Thurs, I went back to work, and was probably premature in doing that, and was waking a lot. I really was not in much pain. This morning, I woke up, and a large portion of the bottom leg (front and back) is staring to show significant brusing (yellowish color), and my leg, from below the knee is quite swollen - much more swollen than the first fiew days. I started freaking out, and called the nurse, and she said this was normal. Why would I get all this swelling now, 5 days after the injury? Is this a normal progression? I have never had this type of injury. Should I re-start ice appliction, compression? or is that only for initial 24 hours? Do I need to go back to the Dr or ER?

Thanks!

Re:Calf Strain 7 years, 11 months ago #11116

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      don't freak it is common and just a delay response. Order some herbal WEI Fasst patches www.weilab.com if you want to speed the healing process. Ice is not neccessary at this point. Speak to Farishta 408 200-0891 to get the right size and amount and tell her Sharon sent you. You will be looking at 3-4 weeks down time with this regeim.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 319 guests online