Username Password: Remember me

pain -? gluteus medius muscle
      (1 viewing) (1) Guest
      • Page:

TOPIC: pain -? gluteus medius muscle

pain -? gluteus medius muscle 7 years, 2 months ago #15149

• sher
      • Fresh Boarder
      hi, hope somebody out there can offer off advice. about a month ago i was playing soccer [just power-kicking at a target] ; i'm right-handed so did most kicking with right leg; however, i did kick the ball a few times using my LEFT leg. when i got home one of my muscles was sore [unusual for me] ; i ignored it but now-one month later i still have the pain and it's got a little worse! i've googled and i think the affected muscle is the Gluteus Medius. i'm 'terrified' that it's some kind of referred pain [like from my hip or sumat] ; in 2008 my shoulder labrum tear started off as a mild referred pain in my arm. i'm an athletic 49yr old female [and no i'm not menopausal or anything so don't think it's a bone density issue]. anyone have any idea/s what could be causing this pain? any advice would be valued. [thanks].

Re:pain -? gluteus medius muscle 7 years, 2 months ago #15150

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      Sher, You may have strained the muscle, but at 4 weeks this should be improving not getting worse. The other possibility is of course refered pain from the lumbar spine or SI joint. Best for you to see an OS or PT for further diagnostic help to determine the source and get some treatment. Sharon

Re:pain -? gluteus medius muscle 7 years, 2 months ago #15153

• sher
      • Fresh Boarder
      hi Sharon, tks ur reponse. i never thought of the SI Joint. i'm going to do some research on it. i'm hoping to avoid going to the doctor,having xrays,etc. -my 'out-of-hospital ' med ins doesn't stretch very far.

Re:pain -? gluteus medius muscle 7 years, 2 months ago #15154

• sskylor
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Physical Therapist/Patient
      X-rys won't do anything really. You could always see a sports chiro who should be able to determine if it coming from the muscle back or SI and get some treatment.

Re:pain -? gluteus medius muscle 7 years, 2 months ago #15159

• sher
      • Fresh Boarder
      hi, tks. i'll go see the chiropractor in Jan. [have to go for my headaches anyway.]
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.47 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 318 guests online