Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: hamstring syndrome

Re:hamstring syndrome 5 years, 7 months ago #22319

• Cavitator
      • Platinum Boarder
      Hi,

I am not aware of any ICD-9 diagnosis (official reference) for hamstring syndrome. Maybe there is and I just missed it! I think IMHO more likely you have been mis-directed. Just a guess.

Anyway, what you are subjectively describing sounds more like a nerve root compression issue in your lower back. There is (much) less likely perhaps a problem with a peripheral nerve as a differential. Could require intervention of a neurologist and NCV/EMG/MRI if complicated.

Why don't you go see an orthopedist who is spine-fellowship trained or a chiropractor who is board-certified in orthopedics to give you the once over?

Just a thought...might expedite your situation
      3/51 Bilateral VIII C.N. complete neurectomy
      2/60 Failed Supratentorial electrotherapy w/subsequent pancerebral resection
      2/89 Bilateral aqueous humor drainage w/complete retinectomy
      3/02 Quadralateral proximal extremity resection from gestational thalidomide exposure

Re:hamstring syndrome 5 years, 7 months ago #22323

• johnt0148
      • Platinum Boarder
      • Bi-lateral SLAP Tear Surgeries
      Good advice! I wish I could have found a spine-fellowship trained or a chiropractor who is board-certified in orthopedics when I was searching for answers with my c7 disk bone spur. I got referred straight to a neurological surgeon, who you guessed it did surgery.

Re:hamstring syndrome 5 years, 7 months ago #22325

• biobabe
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi Cavitator,

Thanks for your advice.

Actually, I have already had NCV/EMG testing and have had an MRI done on my spine and legs. Everything was ok there and normal- no slipped or herniated disks. Thanks for mentioning it, though. Luckily, that was one of the first things my sports medicine doctors checked out. I also saw a podiatrist and received orthotics about 3 or 4 years ago.

As far as hamstring syndrome goes, I'm not sure how certified it is. My doctors described it as an entrapment of the sciatic nerve that runs down the back of one's legs as the hamstring muscle tightens- hence the sciatic-like symptoms I experience. Apparently, the syndrome was first described in 1988.

johnt0148, also thanks for the stretching advise. Might try that one out when I get over this last flare-up.

Thanks all!
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online