Unanswered Postings

Welcome, Guest
      Username Password: Remember me
      • Page:

TOPIC: Achilles Injury

Achilles Injury 5 years, 2 months ago #23937

• Vera
      • Fresh Boarder
      Hi, my name is Vera, I am 24 years old and been body building for 1 year and a half until recently- I went to see a physio to check out a stiffness in my left calf that was seriously hindering my range of squatting. was told I was lucky to be walking still- apparently what I had interpreted (6-8 months ago) as a small muscle strain was actually the beginning of a massive tear in my Achilles tendon. When the physiotherapist told me to walk around the room, she was astounded and told me the tendon was barely hanging onto my heel. Given a few months more and it would have ruptured. I feel like an absolute tool and know I should've seen somebody sooner, but honest to god I had not felt any serious debilitating or sharp stabbing pain to have concerned me enough. And so, I guess we learn from these things. It is day 4 of rehabilitation and I am already experiencing extreme frustration, self loathing and restlessness- I used to train 2-3 hr a day,6 days a week. The reason Im posting this I guess is to find anyone who can relate, give advice to how I can occupy myself in the meantime.. and In all honesty If even after recovery, I could ever be as strong as I used to be.
      • Page:
      Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
      Up

Member Login

Private Messaging

You are not logged in.

Add to Your Homepage

Add to My Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bookmark for IE

Who's Online

We have 319 guests online